Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Synthetic vs. Conventional Motor Oil

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a rear diff leak that I noticed. It turns out that it's way worse than it looks because there's a ton of oil in the waffle catches on the inside of the bottom cover.

I was wondering myself if it's a synthetic factory fill or not. I assume it is since there is no service interval specified to ever change it.

Synthetic oil is clearly superior, and anyone who says that conventional oil is better needs to do their research. Conventional oil does a better job at preserving the delicate components of the engine because the car manufacturers specifically use alloys that are compatible with it. Synventional oil causes problems with the carburetor and other valvetrain timing wires due to the added buildup of long-chain hydronitro-oxys due to added heat soak after running the engine in paleolithic climates. Conthetic oil cleans the smooth muscles of the pistons due to the complex enzymes added at the factory by the helper elves. My brother's uncle's cousin's friend's aunt's sister said so, and her car has lasted over 5,000 miles without any issues other than the standard windshield wear. You can't argue with that, literally. Try it, and you won't be able to!

Can't we debate hydro electrons v.s. solar electrons v.s. nat. gas electrons instead. I've always found the car to perform a bit stronger on hydro.
Coal and nat gas have all that carbon that can build up in the wires. Coal is a bit worse then gas. When I switched to Solar it took a few charges to flush all that gunk out of the battery. I find solar better than hydro, as they aren't as damp and are less likely to clump.

Coal and nat gas have all that carbon that can build up in the wires. Coal is a bit worse then gas. When I switched to Solar it took a few charges to flush all that gunk out of the battery. I find solar better than hydro, as they aren't as damp and are less likely to clump.

What's awesome is that you sound almost exactly like various audiophile reviewers talking about their audio cables, except they're actually serious.

Synthetic oil is clearly superior, and anyone who says that conventional oil is better needs to do their research.

The one exception is when breaking in a freshly built engine. You want to use conventional dino oil for that. You need the rings to wear and bed in.

And the second exception is when the car is leaking or burning oil. The conventional oil is cheaper for constant replacement.

Don't ask how I know these things.

What's awesome is that you sound almost exactly like various audiophile reviewers talking about their audio cables, except they're actually serious.
PLEASE tell me that you aren't using coal-fired electrons to drive your speakers! Not only does it muddy up the bass, it also causes the tweeters to roll off severely on the high end! The warmth of the speakers is totally gone, the soundfield won't image, and you're left with what sounds like a bad tinny reproduction of some old wax-cylinder recording!

You're far better off with solar electrons -- they deliver a much cleaner sound. Nuclear will do in a pinch, but the bass will be punchy, and you'll have to play with the equalization a lot to get an acceptable listening experience.

Hey, it's not just audio cables. Here's a company that swears that putting in their power cable will improve the sound of your audio components:

Every audiophile who has experimented with better power cables has heard the performance advantage they offer. Indeed, the amount of improvement can be astounding, often transforming a system from good to amazing. As audiophiles, we trust our ears but it’s hard to understand how replacing just one short link in a long chain of the power delivery system can have such a dramatic impact. The following article is intended to answer those questions.

and this:

Every wire type (I am talking about the metal itself) has a specific sonic characteristic. Silver, copper, brass, gold and others all "sound" different. The difference in sound is not related to conductivity capacity because we adjusted the sizes during testing to account for this. Each of the metal's inherent "sonics" can be ameliorated by careful adjustment of the other materials used in the construction of the final cable. We have a warehouse full of various prototype cables that never made it to production. Some of these use a relatively small wire size of ~18ga, that sounds surprising full in the bass. Intuitively, you might think that a small wire would sound thin in the bass region. This is not always the case. Conversely, we have some cables with wire as large as 1gauge that sound powerful in the bass but are also flabby and irregular sounding. So, just increasing the wire size is not the easy answer that some might think.

Cracks me up every time.

Hey, it's not just audio cables. Here's a company that swears that putting in their power cable will improve the sound of your audio components:

You're right, I really shouldn't have been so specific.

The ones I really love are when they start doing this with digital cables. There was a great review out there (since pulled after the guy got too much hate mail) about an audiophile SATA cable, and how much better it made the reviewer's MP3s sound!