Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best P90D Ludicrous video yet!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TESLA P90D: Just a Ludicrous day at the office. - YouTube

Hello forum... happy to be here. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and opinions with me while I did research the last few months.

Here's a video of the first day in my new P90D in Raleigh, NC. I just could't wait to Ludicrous someone... wise or not I chose my customers and partners on a day of meetings around Raleigh.

Most are in a parking lot after offering to drive to lunch. Sorry for the bad language.. G-forces do that to people's vocabulary!

Subscribe to my you tube channel for more videos and a full review on my car, and lots more cool stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello forum... happy to be here. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and opinions with me while I did research the last few months.

Here's a video of the first day in my new P90D in Raleigh, NC. I just could't wait to Ludicrous someone... wise or not I chose my customers and partners on a day of meetings around Raleigh.

Most are in a parking lot after offering to drive to lunch. Sorry for the bad language.. G-forces do that to people's vocabulary!

Subscribe to my you tube channel for more videos and a full review on my car, and lots more cool stuff.

Welcome to the forum. Fantastic video. I never get tired of those insane and ludicrous reactions.

Tesla Model S Ludicrous can cause Tourette's

What does this do to the drivetrain, everyone of those sub 3 sec accelerations?

I recall vaguely reading somewhere that on the performance ICE cars - on the super cars - there is only so many you do before you lose the warranty or something to that effect.

Maybe not an issue with Tesla.

What does this do to the drivetrain, everyone of those sub 3 sec accelerations?

I recall vaguely reading somewhere that on the performance ICE cars - on the super cars - there is only so many you do before you lose the warranty or something to that effect.

Maybe not an issue with Tesla.
With high performance ICE cars, the launch modes involve revving up the engine with the clutch on, then the driver dumping the clutch and the car's computer modulating the clutch to get as much acceleration as possible without the tires slipping. Doing this is very hard on the clutch and other transmission components. Its not as bad as it used to be, the first cars with launch control just didn't have transmissions that were engineered for the stresses this creates. Fortunately an electric car doesn't have any of these issues. How many times can you do this in a Tesla? Probably a few hundred thousand. :smile:

The bearings, reduction gear, and differential gear may see some slight wear. There is little oil film separation available at very low speed to prevent wear of the metal surfaces. Bearings and gears operate without wear when entrainment velocity (think hydroplaning on a micro-scale) is high enough to separate the metal surfaces. The huge amount of torque (loading) at zero speed. Hopefully Tesla has done some testing on this in lab settings.