Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carpets / Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doug_G

Lead Moderator
Global Moderator
Apr 2, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Name one thing that wears out just as fast as your rear tires...? :confused:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1549&d=1301601597.jpg

Okay, yeah, it needs a vacuum. But look at the ledge - the fibers are worn out! This is just from me getting in and out of the car over the course of eight months! :mad:

Can anyone suggest a good brand / part number for replacements, which would be more durable than the factory version?

Attachments

• floormat.jpg
    floormat.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 766
Last edited:
Name one thing that wears out just as fast as your rear tires...? :confused:

attachment.php

Okay, yeah, it needs a vacuum. But look at the ledge - the fibers are worn out! This is just from me getting in and out of the car over the course of eight months! :mad:

Can anyone suggest a good brand / part number for replacements, which would be more durable than the factory version?

Can't see your attachement for some reason... I noticed that even after having the car for a couple weeks it looked like the ledge in front of the seats was not going to wear well to say the least. To protect that area from wearing out I bought some carpet pieces, cut them into the same size as the ledge, and affixed them with velcro. Looks great and maybe took an hour total to get done. I'll get some pics of this up later...

Can you take some photos of the area you are having issues with? I would love to see where this wear is happening...

We have 5,000 miles on #350 and see no excess wear on the carpet...:confused:

Do you slide your feet on it when you enter or exit the car? Wear shoes with very textured or tacky soles?

I am just shooting in the dark here until I see the wear...

Can you take some photos of the area you are having issues with? I would love to see where this wear is happening...

We have 5,000 miles on #350 and see no excess wear on the carpet...:confused:

Do you slide your feet on it when you enter or exit the car? Wear shoes with very textured or tacky soles?

I am just shooting in the dark here until I see the wear...

Image has been re-uploaded.

I usually wear running shoes (sneakers). Probably my feet do slide on the floor when I get in/out. Not intentionally of course. I have only 7000 km on the car.

I have nearly 5k miles on mine with no visible wear. I did just go out to the garage and entered/exited the car (however the top is off - 84F on my drive home from work yesterday :p). On entering my right foot hits the carpet beyond the ledge so it isn't sliding over it. I'll try it again w/ the roof on but maybe just a different entry/exit technique?

EDIT: I found it amusing that after posting this the banner ad at the bottom of the forum was for WeatherTech floor mats ;)

I just called sector 111...they have a rubber mat for Lotus, but it will not fit the Roadster unless you custom cut it yourself...

V, do you recall who you spoke with...maybe the guy I spoke with is unaware of this...

I was working with Shinoo the owner -very cool guy. Call back and tell him I sent you.

Name one thing that wears out just as fast as your rear tires...

My stock carpet wore a 1 inch hole through to the backing where my heel rubbed the one spot below the torque pedal. They gave me a new carpet since this happened at 4K miles! A few months later everyone got the new Tesla branded floor mats.

My stock carpet wore a 1 inch hole through to the backing where my heel rubbed the one spot below the torque pedal. They gave me a new carpet since this happened at 4K miles! A few months later everyone got the new Tesla branded floor mats.

It's not the mat under the pedals that is the problem. It's the carpet between the floor mat and the seat, which is raised a couple of cm above the floor mat. My feet don't rest there when I'm driving, obviously, but apparently they do slide across it when I get in/out.

Ok, I heard back from Stacy at sector 111 re the Tesla mats.

The winter (rubber) mats are available at a cost of $60 / pair.

They do have summer (carpet) mats available, she is checking on the cost & will advise.

Stacy @ Sector111

951-296-6762

However, she does not know if either mat covers the area which Doug is describing.

Hey V, do you recall when they made up the mat template from your Roadster if the template covered the "upper" area as well as the lower foot well?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I know this an old thread, but I haven't found a solution posted. So I thought I would revive the thread, as I have a solution.

the Honda S2000 has a similar cross brace in front of the seats. I have mats that cover this from:

Rick's S2000 Luxury One Piece Carpet

I contacted Rick, who coincidently has a model S. They are interested, but we'll need a volunteer in Denver to serve as a template. Anyone interested?

I know this an old thread, but I haven't found a solution posted. So I thought I would revive the thread, as I have a solution.

the Honda S2000 has a similar cross brace in front of the seats. I have mats that cover this from:

Rick's S2000 Luxury One Piece Carpet

I contacted Rick, who coincidently has a model S. They are interested, but we'll need a volunteer in Denver to serve as a template. Anyone interested?

Well I don't live in Denver but would be up for a group buy if Rick"s wants to make some replacement matts.......
:smile: