Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of questions in one place simple thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we compile a list of questions that you want to know. Hopefully these can be answered simply in a new thread by those of us who all going to the launch so that you don't have to look through a mass threads. Can the question can the questions is that a very simple and straightforward brief and not have a thread full of speculations and complaint.

I shall start with what I remember

Folding seats. Yes or no.
width of the cargo area? Greater than 48"?

* GVWR
* Production version costs and specs
* Range gain on non-P vs. P
* Range gain/loss on 22" vs. 20" tires

Last edited:
Comprehensive list of questions about Model X:

Vehicle questions:

Dimensions
* GVWR for each version, P, non-P, etc.
* Max. Height of Falcon doors when open
* Max diagonal distance behind 2nd row (for possible interior ski/snowboard transportation)
* Interior dimensions and cargo volume with 2nd row in normal position and set all the way forward.
* Dimensions of the storage area behind the 3rd row.
* Dimensions of the storage area in the frunk.
* Dimensions of the falcon wing doors below the window for business signage.
* Interior ceiling height – headroom for driver

Costs/Configuring
* Production version costs and specs
* Will grey leather be available for Production like it is for Model S, or just black and tan? Will there be a vegan seating option?
* On Sig, the ski/bike attachment is now a free option. Will it be so for Production?
* How many years of free on board nav and map updates, and what is the cost/yr after that?
* How many years of free 4G LTE WIFI, and what is the cost after that?

Range
* Range gain on non-P vs. P
* Range gain/loss on 22" vs. 20" tires
* What is the EPA mileage rating (total/city/highway) for: X 70D, X 90D, and X P90DL?

Technical Details
* Headlight specs
* Surround view?
* Rear view mirror camera?
* How is glare handled with Panorama canopy windshield? Is it tinted? Is the tint adjustable/permanent?
* Do visors cover upper windshield?

Seats
* Seating comfort for all three rows for 6'+ individual
* if the seats don't fold can they be changed out when Tesla does make them folding.
* Car seat fit - are the front seats as comfortable as the new S
* Speed/ease of seat adjustments, number of memories, and stowing
* Car seating configurations – what is standard, what is optional? If I get a 2 seat second row can I pay to switch to 3 seats later and vice versa?

Doors/Windows
* Method and speed of falcon door operation
* Method of front door operation (soft closing?)
* Window open/close operation (auto? speed?)
* What happens when 5-6" of powdery snow falls on the roof overnight and the falcon wing doors are opened?
* Are there channels around the edges of the roof section of the falcon wing doors to channel away water?
* Since they are a new technology, will the falcon wing doors have an extended warranty like the battery and drive train?

Storage/Load capacity
* Suitability for interior mountain bike storage (multiple bikes)
* Any other gear mounting solutions other than included accessory and optional hitch

Other
* Quality of sound system options
* Ease of interior cleanup with a focus on breadcrumbs
* Air suspension height levels (low/regular/high) and speed of adjustment between levels
* Which autopilot features will actually work at Signature, then Production launch, and which will be software upgrades and when are they expected to become available?
* Will Model X have a guaranteed buyback program?
* Will 3rd party apps become available for Model X Touchscreen? (We saw an "Apps" button on the Model S Beta)
* What does the key look like? Credit Card, Miniature Model X, Other?
* Will there be a separate Model X smartphone app or will it be included in the existing app?
* Android Auto or Apple CarPlay support: now or planned? If not, how good is the Android / iOS integration via Bluetooth?
* Can I use my existing Model S Tesla Wall Connector to charge my Model X?
* Is there a head-up display available?
* Kick sensor to open/close hatchback (like Ford)?
* How many USB ports, and where are they located?

Timing Questions:

* When will first Production reservations be invited to configure? (current plan)
* When will the last US Signature vehicle be completed? (current plan)
* Old and new production lines said to ramp to 2,000 vehicles/week by January, 2016. What is anticipated Model X percentage at this time?
* When will the Model X be in stores? (pre-production or production)
* When will test drives begin?
* When will there be driving events held?
* Why was website changed to: "The delivery estimate for new reservations is the second half of 2016"? Ramping issues, encourage Model S purchase, or because of the number of X pre-orders?
* Total number of Model X to be delivered before Jan 1, 2016?

Last edited by a moderator:
How do the handles work/feel
How quick do the doors open/close, auto? buttons on inside?
Open/shut windows, all the way down?
comfort of seats, including 3rd row
Any roof rack options/solutions, besides the hitch
Ease of adjusting all seats, reclining, stowing etc
Sound of base level stereo vs upgrade
Air suspension, actual travel, time taken
Someone bring a carseat and strap it in
Drop crumbs between the seats and try to clean it out
Bring a large mountain bike and throw it in the back, take pic (better, bring 2)
pictures of knee room in 2nd and 3rd of someone 6'+

- Rear view mirror camera? (Probably yes.)
- Surround view? (Probably no.)
- LED headlights or laser headlights? (Probably LED.)
- Production model pricing?
- Current ramp-up plan?

GVWR: Model X may qualify for 50% business write off. - Page 6

- - - Updated - - -

Height (from load floor to roof) and depth (in 2 positions: 1. a usable for someone your size position and 2. pushed all the way forward position) of cargo area. Please. Thanks!
Also extremely interested in this, especially depth.

How do the handles work/feel
How quick do the doors open/close, auto? buttons on inside?
Open/shut windows, all the way down?
comfort of seats, including 3rd row
Any roof rack options/solutions, besides the hitch
Ease of adjusting all seats, reclining, stowing etc
Sound of base level stereo vs upgrade
Air suspension, actual travel, time taken
Someone bring a carseat and strap it in
Drop crumbs between the seats and try to clean it out
Bring a large mountain bike and throw it in the back, take pic (better, bring 2)
pictures of knee room in 2nd and 3rd of someone 6'+

Nice one. Was trying to keep it simple. But now have to answer you
cargo. How many dogs can It fit. Should I take them on 29th. Should I try 2x Great Danes. Or Three standard poodles. Or Six teacups. 1/2 mini ponies. 4 boyfriends.

Yeah I'm excited to get all the nitty gritty details too!

But, yeah, this one stood out a little for me! ;)

Ease of interior cleanup with a focus on breadcrumbs
Hehe. Ease of interior cleanup with a focus on sticky rice is a much more important question. :)

(But if we won't know at launch, Tesla Bjørn should be able to determine these qualities once he gets his Founders Model X.)

Thanks for the summary.
* car seat configuration – what is standard, 4-5-6-7 seat options
* interior ceiling height – headroom for driver
* head up display available?
* kick sensor to open/close hatchback (like Ford)?
Sorry for any redundancy.

If someone could put 5-6" of snow on the roof, open the falcon doors, measure how much falls inside the car, that would be great:tongue:

But seriously, its difficult to tell in the pictures, is there any mechanism like a lip or pop-up flap (i.e. sunroof deflector) that activates when the doors open to keep snow, rain, etc from blowing directly into the car when the falcon doors open? Are their drainage channels around the edges of the roof section of the door to channel away water?

Not a res holder, yet, but someone who wants to be convinced to like those doors.

In addition to crumb test, please take a handfull of dog hair and prerform same test :). Maybe some details on the synthetic (non-cow) seat material. Is it available in anything but white?

Also, in addition to GVWR, is there an integrated brake controller?
If not, what is the situation for a brake controller and harness? Is there a harness built in already? Does it allow for standard/existing brake controllers? Is there a standard 7-pin connector at the hitch?
If so, does the brake controler have sway control (trailer braking or just vehicle slowing)? Any other features? Is regen active when towing? Is there a towing mode that changes the vehicle characteristics (e.g. regen, ride height, speed)?

What are the permitted options for hitches? Is a load balancing hitch allowed? Is there a trailer "aiming hash" mark for the backup camera to make backing up to the trailer easier?

Seems like the X and a popup camper could be a fun combo for regional travel. Thanks for any info you can provide. I didn't want to just add these to the wiki post because I might be the only wierdo who is interested in these things.

Last edited:
Can bike rack hold kayak/surfboard/SUP ?

Nope, but a trailer can. Also you could maybe stack a couple on the roof if you were willing to have only 1 FW door operational as per Elon Musk's tweet:

"@Avron_p you can mount a rack to the roof via suction cups and still have one Falcon door work fine. Guaranteed up to 140 mph.

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) October 2, 2015"