Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mountain View Supercharger Slow?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was there the other day for a quick 20 minute top off at lunch... Don't know technically what mileage I was getting, but I recall getting somewhere around ~390-400 Volts @70 Amps for about 28kW sustained while sharing with the next stall and into the 80% SoC range.

Tesla says they were not throttling people. A pattern was never found as to the throttling theory, only a handful of anecdotes with a lot of wild, crazy speculation.

Sounds like equipment failure.

I'd be curious to see some statistics on the equipment reliability. Last time I was in Springfield, IL, two stalls on two different cabinets (3B and 4A) had failed; my wife took a trip this weekend and found both stalls tied to cabinet 2 had failed (2A/2B). It "feels" like there are a lot of failures, but maybe we're just wrong-place, wrong-time.

I'd be curious to see some statistics on the equipment reliability. Last time I was in Springfield, IL, two stalls on two different cabinets (3B and 4A) had failed; my wife took a trip this weekend and found both stalls tied to cabinet 2 had failed (2A/2B). It "feels" like there are a lot of failures, but maybe we're just wrong-place, wrong-time.

What do mean by failed? That they provided 0 amps? Odd, since I thought the design of SpC cabinets was inherently redundant as they have stacks of 12-15 MS chargers. One or two failures shouldn't bring down the whole cabinet.

What do mean by failed? That they provided 0 amps? Odd, since I thought the design of SpC cabinets was inherently redundant as they have stacks of 12-15 MS chargers. One or two failures shouldn't bring down the whole cabinet.

For Indy: Lights in the bollards were off and the buttons wouldn't open the charge doors, so I assume the entire cabinet was dark or the feed to it had tripped or something.

For Springfield: Buttons opened charge door, connector never changed from white ring when plugged in.

Old thread, I know. But I was at the MV supercharger yesterday, Wednesday, and plugged in to stall 2B (80% sure). I had no one on either side of me. Was getting only 70amps, with a low SOC.
I unplugged and plugged back in. Same.
Stopped and started charging from inside. Nope.

Moved one over to one of the 3x positions. Full speed!

Well, that was odd...

Old thread, I know. But I was at the MV supercharger yesterday, Wednesday, and plugged in to stall 2B (80% sure). I had no one on either side of me. Was getting only 70amps, with a low SOC.

Well, that was odd...

If you experience that, I recommend calling Tesla's hotline and letting them know so that they can fix it. Luckily, in the bay area, they can have someone fix it in a matter of hours.

Well, that was odd...

2B is stall that I experienced 30KW max charging as well. But that was a few months ago already.

Well, I called Tesla. I was onsite today again, and the only open stall (after a five minute wait), was the ill-fated 3A (yes, not 2A like I thought). I tried it out, with the same results as earlier this week. I was getting 50mph, when it stayed up. Switched to 4A, and got 200mph.
The guy mentioned he had already reports about 2B (hopefully not that same issue as sorka experienced), and I reported the problem stall 3A.
Let' see how fast it gets resolved.