Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger in Jordan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been trying to find out something about this. I saw it posted on Facebook with pictures on the 19th, but there's still nothing of it on Supercharge.info or on Tesla's Supercharger web page. I'm wondering if it's fake.

Three stations active in Jordan, I found them! Sent locations to supercharger.info for map update.
Official post:
(BAD TRANSLATION) Manaseer Group 16 September Manaseer oils and hydrocarbons in collaboration with the Royal Court opens units fast shipping vehicles electric Tesla from the Royal vision of the need to go to the use of alternative energy sources and in line with the Manaseer environmental group policy and community responsibility and cooperation with the Royal Hashemite Court Amer, have successfully completed the installation and operation of three units Fast Shipping vehicles electric Tesla successfully in a series Manaseer company for oils and gas stations (one of the group companies), located in each of the Naemeh - Irbid, Qatraneh (Desert Road) and Aqaba (opposite the King Hussein International Airport), where the company has to provide and create the infrastructure and the source of the right energy units shipping. This works Manaseer company for oils and fuels currently on the promotion of green infrastructure for electric vehicles in the Kingdom through the installation of ten additional units fast shipping service electric vehicles of various types and expected to be completed by the end of November of this
Photos: https://www.facebook.com/ManaseerG/posts/399840833559676[1]
Mapped Locations:

NOTE - LINKS REMOVED, the Mansaser Gas Group website runs a Wordpress site infected with an iFrame virus.
Irbid (32.5442039,35.8562229)
Qatraneh (31.2754973,36.0536046)
Aqaba (29.5996525,35.0272666)

Last edited:
Three stations active in Jordan, I found them! Sent locations to supercharger.info for map update.
Official post:
(BAD TRANSLATION) Manaseer Group 16 September Manaseer oils and hydrocarbons in collaboration with the Royal Court opens units fast shipping vehicles electric Tesla from the Royal vision of the need to go to the use of alternative energy sources and in line with the Manaseer environmental group policy and community responsibility and cooperation with the Royal Hashemite Court Amer, have successfully completed the installation and operation of three units Fast Shipping vehicles electric Tesla successfully in a series Manaseer company for oils and gas stations (one of the group companies), located in each of the Naemeh - Irbid, Qatraneh (Desert Road) and Aqaba (opposite the King Hussein International Airport), where the company has to provide and create the infrastructure and the source of the right energy units shipping. This works Manaseer company for oils and fuels currently on the promotion of green infrastructure for electric vehicles in the Kingdom through the installation of ten additional units fast shipping service electric vehicles of various types and expected to be completed by the end of November of this
Photos: https://www.facebook.com/ManaseerG/posts/399840833559676[1]
Mapped Locations:
Irbid (32.5442039,35.8562229) http://www.mgc-gas.com/portfolio-posts/hello-mohammed/[2]
Qatraneh (31.2754973,36.0536046) http://www.mgc-gas.com/portfolio-posts/qatraneh-service-station-al-karak/[3]
Aqaba (29.5996525,35.0272666) http://www.mgc-gas.com/portfolio-posts/airport-service-station-aqaba/

Jordan is a part of Asia; Most of Turkey is also. Do these count in the Asia total?

There is nothing on the Tesla Maps of Europe for Jordan, and the Asia map does not go to Jordan.

I think Tesla is hiding the Jordan chargers from their maps until they have a service center/store there officially, but several Jordanian government officials have Tesla's including the Prime Minister so I think the supercharger stations are online but unofficial right now.

I clicked on the Aqaba link at work and Kasperski alerted me the page is infected with a trojan horse virus. You seem to have good intentions so I'm not blaming you personally, just FYI to everyone. Thank goodness I didn't click on that at home, my Norton subscription ran out. The Facebook page seems legit though.

Last edited:
Thanks I removed the links in my post - the company runs a Wordpress website infected with an iFrame virus, but doesn't appear to be a problem on newer browsers.

I clicked on the Aqaba link at work and Kasperski alerted me the page is infected with a trojan horse virus. You seem to have good intentions so I'm not blaming you personally, just FYI to everyone. Thank goodness I didn't click on that at home, my Norton subscription ran out. The Facebook page seems legit though.

This is very interesting. A supercharger not on the maps but active, and definitely not fake as confirmed by Elon.

There will be stores and superchargers in Turkey within a year. It is confirmed that Tesla Motors incorporated in Turkey just a couple of weeks ago. I found the declaration of incorporation in official Turkish Chamber of Commerce records. They only have an office yet but this means they will start building the superchargers, service centres soon enough. But seeing Jordan with three superchargers out of nowhere is very interesting.

Considering there must be very few Teslas in Jordan, so could these have been funded by some rich dudes who really want to drive their Teslas around the country?

Basically yes. Several top-level officials (Prime Minister and such) either bought or were given Tesla's, around the same time of the World Economic Forum this past May, when they signed MoU's with Tesla and others to develop policies and infrastructure for sustainable transport in the country.

11.Signing of an MoU with manufacturers of electric cars—Tesla, BMW and Renault—to gradually adopt the use of electric vehicles in the public sector as an environment-friendly means of transport. In an initiative to support this move, Manaseer Group will offer supercharge services for electric vehicles at various gas stations throughout Jordan as a CSR initiative. Mercedes has also announced its intention to launch its electric car models in the Middle East, starting with Jordan. - See more at: Competitiveness body set up, deals signed at WEF | Jordan Times

Electric cars in Jordan are exempted from taxes and fees in order to encourage the import of environment-friendly motors, he said.
They are currently used by some in Jordan, including Prime Minister Abdullah Ensour, Lower House Speaker Atef Tarawneh and Senate President Abdur-Ra’uf S. Rawabdeh, in addition to several ministers and senior officials, he said.
- See more at: Electric cars expected on Jordan’s streets in two years — importer | Jordan Times

I expect Tesla to start up in Israel at some point, but other than that country, Turkey, and Jordan I find it hard to believe that Tesla will move into any other Middle East country.

I agree but for Turkey the potential is amazing. Even with no Tesla existence or any resemblance of a service centre there are tens of Model S' in this country. Main reasons;

- A gallon of unleaded costs 6$ (17 in Turkish liras, minimum wage is a 1000 liras, so actually more than 6$ in purchasing power) (1.6 USD per lt)
- ICE car taxes are 45% for 1.6lt and below, 90% for 1.6-2.0 liters, 145% for 2 litres and above (!) And on top of that new price with the tax, there's 18% VAT. EVs only get 3%-15% depending on motor power.
- ICE cars pay semi-annual taxes depending on engine size and vehicle age. Varies from 800 liras (1.4 TSI VW Polo) to 22,000 (BMW M5) liras annually.
- Luxury segment has a whole lot of buyers.
- Electricity is relatively cheap.

On top of that, if they did build SuC to other Middle Eastern countries you could theoretically drive from Jordan to Norway for free. Which sounds amazing but I doubt a lot of people would do it.