Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature red in Seattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand this isn't a broad topic post but hoping for a response. I'm struggling with choosing the color for my MX. 3.5 years waiting, now I have four days left to finalize. I went to the Seattle store as well as the service center but could not find a sig red MS. I'd really like to see a sig red vehicle before making a decision. Anyone in the south Seattle/Tacoma area willing to meet me in the next couple of days? Please PM.

By the way, why do you need to finalize in 4 days? Is it a self imposed time box or is it a "finalize or defer" situation coming from Tesla?

I'm curious too - I'm Sig 184 and haven't received a finalize or defer from Tesla. We're floating along waiting for adequate information to appear -- hoping that happens 9/29, but whenever. Until adequate information, and probably a driveable test drive car appears in Portland (or maybe Seattle), finalize-or-defer is really Tesla letting us know that we're deferring :)

My dad's got one down here in Eugene, OR... but that's a little too South I imagine.

Sig red is a pretty color. Not fire truck, not burgundy but somewhere in between with lots of nice depth to the color.

DSC_0277.jpg

I understand this isn't a broad topic post but hoping for a response. I'm struggling with choosing the color for my MX. 3.5 years waiting, now I have four days left to finalize. I went to the Seattle store as well as the service center but could not find a sig red MS. I'd really like to see a sig red vehicle before making a decision. Anyone in the south Seattle/Tacoma area willing to meet me in the next couple of days? Please PM.
The next best thing to seeing Signature Red are the photos taken of both Multicoat and Signature Red, especially when they are on the same photograph. Enjoy these photos and don't get fooled with the photos of loaner vehicles in Multicoat.

Multicoat .vs. Signature Red | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The Tesla Motors loaners shown here were in Multicoat red. For these photos, my wheels are silver and the mirrors don't fold. The loaners had dark wheels or the side mirrors were folded. Some of the Tesla OC meet-ups had both reds, so those photos are posted. One is at the service center. Many single car photos are of Signature Red in various locations throughout the west.

I parked the Model S Signature Red car at Lake Arrowhead today. When I returned, two ladies were commented about the color; they loved it.

Added more photos today since I did not have the Signature Red (silver wheels) next to the 2009 Escalade. Now you can see how close the two colors are. Compare with the photo of the Multicoat Red (dark wheels) next to the same Escalade.

After almost 3 years, what can I say? I have ordered Signature Red for Model X and I am extremely pleased that Tesla Motors made it possible.

Last edited:
It's a gorgeous color but on an SUV not 100% sure.

We have a Chevy Traverse that's kinda-sorta close to sig red, called "red jewel tintcoat". The paint is a metallic darker red, but it doesn't have the depth that Model S has and is slightly darker.

My wife complains about my love for red cars - I have a poppy red '64 1/2 Mustang, a montero red '65 Pontiac LeMans GTO, a "red jewel tintcoat" 2010 Chevy Traverse, and the signature red Model S. As we were browsing through the colors for Model X, she found herself liking the signature red. The new metallic blue comes a close second for us.

Did you get Sig Red? It's hard to see anyone being displeased with that color.

no I was debating between sig Red vs pearl white...with the white leather interior. I thought the picture they had on the white on white looked good. Also I have a MC Model S so thought would try the white in memory of my totaled Roadster, but the sig Red is making me waffle again.

Sig Red's beautiful!! I have seen several in person over the past three years. No other Model S color has come close.

Now, the new Blue (both for the S and the X) would be my first pick if I were in your shoes but, looks like that's not on your radar anyway.

So, go Sig Red!

no I was debating between sig Red vs pearl white...with the white leather interior. I thought the picture they had on the white on white looked good. Also I have a MC Model S so thought would try the white in memory of my totaled Roadster, but the sig Red is making me waffle again.

You can't go wrong with either one. Pearl white is beautiful. It's even the official Bonnie endorsed color I believe.

The argument for Sig red is you can't get it again on the Model X. You could always get a white Model X many years from now if you replaced it with a new one. And it's beautiful as well.