Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger in South Lake Tahoe?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I remember--a year ago the Sacramento EV group had their annual get-together. During their meeting it was announced that Superchargers were planned for Placerville and SLT, near the Y. But there was no "official" confirmation from Tesla.

I found pdf map on the El Dorado County Government website that shows two sites for Tesla Superchargers in El Dorado County. One in Placerville, in the Hangtown Village Square, which is right off highway 50, close to food and a few stores. This site appears to have been approved and a contract signed with Tesla. Although no construction has started yet that I can see. Another location is at Heavenly Ski Resort, which the map indicates they are still researching a location for the install. The map does not indicate when these were approved, but does indicated a targeted installation year though.

https://edcgov.us/uploadedFiles/Government/Air_Quality_Management/El%20Dorado%20County%20EV%20chargers%209-2014.pdf

I found pdf map on the El Dorado County Government website that shows two sites for Tesla Superchargers in El Dorado County. One in Placerville, in the Hangtown Village Square, which is right off highway 50, close to food and a few stores. This site appears to have been approved and a contract signed with Tesla. Although no construction has started yet that I can see. Another location is at Heavenly Ski Resort, which the map indicates they are still researching a location for the install. The map does not indicate when these were approved, but does indicated a targeted installation year though.

https://edcgov.us/uploadedFiles/Gov...ement/El Dorado County EV chargers 9-2014.pdf
Great find! Placerville is presumably needed for Xs hauling trailers and/or more coverage with Folsom (it also enhances N-S travel on 49), and while Heavenly isn't ideal (closer to the Y is what's wanted), it's a lot better than nothing; you can take the Pioneer trail coming into town and avoid the worst of the traffic. If they can'
t put it near the Y, you'd think Meyer's would be second choice.