Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[On-Going] Model S-friendly & Best Car Park List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lx3h

Charged.hk's Director of Education
Last edited:
Some criteria:

These are in the spirit of avoiding these locations due to do the size of the MS:

1. Parking spaces wide enough for a Model S (MS) to fit and you can still open the door to wiggle out.
(There are a few parking garages in NT and Kowloon where I could barely fit an Alfa spider, much less a model S).

2. Turning radius wide enough to get up and down the ramps. An Audi Q7 or Maserati Quattroporte is about the same width as a MS. A friend with a Q7 has lots of front right side corner scraps getting down parking ramps. Example of this is Shui On Centre in Wan Chai. Look at the cars with reserved spots and they have some scraps on the corners - presumably from hitting the paint on the ramps.

There are a few places where I go with my Lexus where I am concerned if the MS can make the ramps.

The reality is parking a car the width of the MS in Hong Kong will probably require going to more expensive parking garages and ones further away from the end destination in order to avoid damage to the car.

Good places:

1) Places that have 32A+ charging for those who do not have home chargers.

2) Some amount of free parking for EV users, Hopewell Center as an example.

- - - Updated - - -

Context of parking challenges to non-Hong Kong readers:

One of the biggest challenges in Hong Kong is parking. So while parking may be trivial elsewhere, it isn't uncommon to wait longer for find a parking space than the drive to get to a destination. Hong Kong parking is also expensive like in London or New York. Combining the parking issue with the ability to charge at your residence sometimes limited by the owners' committee at your apartment complex parking becomes a big issue here.

Additionally, with the real estate in HK being among the world's most expensive, there is a tendency to reduce the width of parking spaces to the absolute minimum in order to meet the laws regarding the number of parking spaces required.

Parking in HK, like New York, London, San Francisco, Tokyo, etc. is a sporting event.

May be put your suspension to very high when you getting in or out of the parking lot. that might help a bit to avoid scraping the bottom. The parking sensors and the rear view camera help alot when I test out the Model s in a tide parking sport. For me I think the side mirror is better to press the button than auto because when you open the door, it will folding back to normal and might damage if you are parking at a very tide spot.

As Ebill said, parking lot fee are expensive in Hong Kong compare to the other big city. Last year when I am in Manhattan, New York, it cost me 25 USD per hrs to park.

KITEC - Kowloon Bay and Panda Place - Tsuen Wan are also providing free parking for EVs, BUT, in the terms and conditions, it says the vehicle must be charging and the staffs have to verify it. The problem is, those places only have 13A plug. Do you think it means we cannot park there for free?

Most The Link Reit carparks also provide free parking for EVs, but you will have to apply for an EV Pass, here is the link to application form: http://www.thelink.com.hk/en/parking/Documents/ev_pass/EV_application_form_20130513.pdf

Participating carparks
http://www.thelink.com.hk/en/parking/Documents/ev_pass/evpass_carpark.pdf

KITEC - Kowloon Bay and Panda Place - Tsuen Wan are also providing free parking for EVs, BUT, in the terms and conditions, it says the vehicle must be charging and the staffs have to verify it. The problem is, those places only have 13A plug. Do you think it means we cannot park there for free?

Most The Link Reit carparks also provide free parking for EVs, but you will have to apply for an EV Pass, here is the link to application form: http://www.thelink.com.hk/en/parking/Documents/ev_pass/EV_application_form_20130513.pdf

Participating carparks
http://www.thelink.com.hk/en/parking/Documents/ev_pass/evpass_carpark.pdf

Thanks for the infor. But will need to know if it is easy for Model S to enter and leave the car park with a scratch. Width does matter.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you swapped the two. Times Square should be $200 for 2 hours and IFC should be $300 for 3.

Pacific Place has some of the widest parking spaces in town!

Many thanks, thread updated

Thanks for the infor. But will need to know if it is easy for Model S to enter and leave the car park with a scratch. Width does matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Many thanks, thread updated

The KITEC and Panda Place are good for Model S, I havent been to the Link Reit Carparks apart from the Stanley one... (I think its not bad for the MS, I drove a Range Rover there last time)

Hollywood Plaza in Diamond Hill Kowloon (3 Lung Poon Street, Diamond Hill) has over 10 x 13A parking stalls. 6 hours complimentary parking for all EVs. Notify the parking staff at the entrance (do not check in with your octopus card) and they will arrange a space for you. Contact the parking staff at the exit and they will open the gate for you.

Sai Kung Government Offices.

Medium power chargers are not the ones near the entrance - follow the signs to the other side.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409448131.634345.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409448153.631923.jpg

Some carparks (e.g. Times Square) have very nice designated charging bays. Unfortunately only with 13amp sockets. Hope someone will tell them soon, that these are pretty useless. Otherwise they might wonder why the utilization is so low.