Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will Bonnie get her Model X?

When will Bonnie take delivery of her Model X Sig #2

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DaveT

Searcher of green pastures
Nov 15, 2012
Texas
We all know that Bonnie has the reservation for Model X Signature #2. She's all configured and now waiting delivery.

I'm curious what y'all think as to when she'll actually take delivery. I've posted some choices. Choose one and let's see what folks think.

We all know that Bonnie has the reservation for Model X Signature #2. She's all configured and now waiting delivery.

I'm curious what y'all think as to when she'll actually take delivery. I've posted some choices. Choose one and let's see what folks think.

Hmm... no option that she will cancel because of "foldgate"? I thought 40% will cancel because of that, you know we even have a poll...:rolleyes:

Wow, nov/dec is pretty pessimistic for sig #2. That's in the 100 or fewer cars delivered this year territory. Now where did I see that prediction again? :)

As I said, that is based on no knowledge of actual delivery date.

I'm the one who likes to manager her own expectations. Up until I confirmed yesterday, I wasn't excited about getting an X. It was always something 'someday'. So it's entirely normal and to be expected that I mentally will push out the date, so that I'm not making inappropriate plans around a delivery date.

Just how I roll. :) Don't read too much into it.

You know, I can see this thread. :)

I won't vote, of course. I'd expect (but do not know) that I'll see my X sometime in Nov/Dec timeframe. I have no anticipated delivery date assigned.
So you don't vote but you tell us here... :)
Given that Tesla apparently now has communicated that only Sigs will be delivered this year I think your estimate is a realistic one. I voted before reading the comments and voted second half of November...
Having yours slip to far into December would cause them some issues getting all the Sigs out... so calculating back from that... yeah, I'll stick with my vote.
But in reality I hope the answer is "when it's ready".
They should be building yours this week and then test the car that they built some more. And then build you a new one in a month or so :)

As I said, that is based on no knowledge of actual delivery date.

I'm the one who likes to manager her own expectations. Up until I confirmed yesterday, I wasn't excited about getting an X. It was always something 'someday'. So it's entirely normal and to be expected that I mentally will push out the date, so that I'm not making inappropriate plans around a delivery date.

Just how I roll. :) Don't read too much into it.
So a Thanksgiving party at picnic creek so show off the Model X?

I am one of the few that chose After December 1. In fact I would have been tempted to choose 2016 if that was an option.

There are many people here who are lot more informed than me. So I might very well be wrong. But FWIW here is my reasoning:

Looks like Tesla planned to release the car without 2nd row seat folding. But after seeing the reaction, they ought to fix this before release. I really see no way that signature folks get their cars without folding seats.

It's a HUGE issue for multiple reasons:
1) Elon promised that he will never ship a non-compelling car/product (this was when 40kWh was getting deprecated).
2) Elon promised that production car will always be better than demo cars. He mentioned this multiple times actually. In interviews/CCs and on twitter.
3) Many (uninformed) people will feel that it's a bait-and-switch to suddenly realize that the seats don't fold. What if people notice this well after taking delivery and are shocked? In this litigious society, opportunistic lawyers will certainly see blood in the water. Class-action lawsuits anyone? Sure Tesla can pre-empt this by "clearly" communicating this up-front before or during taking delivery. But clear communication seems to be the last thing Tesla is good at.
4) If many months later they fix this to boost demand, how will many signature holders feel with the wrong seats? They are promised, they are not given, then everybody else after them is given the right seats. This will not be right at so many levels.

In a nut shell, I fully expect them to fix the seats before the true launch (founders series doesn't count).

So now we are talking about back to the drawing board and re-designing the seats. Design, implement, test, productionise, and maybe multiple iterations of that actually. This will take several months.

For reference, Tesla took 6-months to launch the Titanium underbody from the first f!re incident, which should have promoted them to start exploring a solution. It's a seemingly simpler issue.

Put this all together, we have an early 2016 launch.

On a separate note, I am also very suspicious of all these cgi screenshots in the design studio. Why not real pictures? They didn't want a single photographer to be able to see the car? Ok, even if that's the case, nobody in-the-inside is capable of taking a decent picture? really?

Think about this, how much harder is generating a fake cgi picture, with a bike and everything, than a simple click on a camera? The only thing I can think of is that the car is not ready.

I am one of the few that chose After December 1. In fact I would have been tempted to choose 2016 if that was an option.

There are many people here who are lot more informed than me. So I might very well be wrong. But FWIW here is my reasoning:

Looks like Tesla planned to release the car without 2nd row seat folding. But after seeing the reaction, they ought to fix this before release. I really see no way that signature folks get their cars without folding seats.

It's a HUGE issue for multiple reasons:
1) Elon promised that he will never ship a non-compelling car/product (this was when 40kWh was getting deprecated).
2) Elon promised that production car will always be better than demo cars. He mentioned this multiple times actually. In interviews/CCs and on twitter.
3) Many (uninformed) people will feel that it's a bait-and-switch to suddenly realize that the seats don't fold. What if people notice this well after taking delivery and are shocked? In this litigious society, opportunistic lawyers will certainly see blood in the water. Class-action lawsuits anyone? Sure Tesla can pre-empt this by "clearly" communicating this up-front before or during taking delivery. But clear communication seems to be the last thing Tesla is good at.
4) If many months later they fix this to boost demand, how will many signature holders feel with the wrong seats? They are promised, they are not given, then everybody else after them is given the right seats. This will not be right at so many levels.

In a nut shell, I fully expect them to fix the seats before the true launch (founders series doesn't count).

So now we are talking about back to the drawing board and re-designing the seats. Design, implement, test, productionise, and maybe multiple iterations of that actually. This will take several months.

For reference, Tesla took 6-months to launch the Titanium underbody from the first f!re incident, which should have promoted them to start exploring a solution. It's a seemingly simpler issue.

Put this all together, we have an early 2016 launch.

On a separate note, I am also very suspicious of all these cgi screenshots in the design studio. Why not real pictures? They didn't want a single photographer to be able to see the car? Ok, even if that's the case, nobody in-the-inside is capable of taking a decent picture? really?

Think about this, how much harder is generating a fake cgi picture, with a bike and everything, than a simple click on a camera? The only thing I can think of is that the car is not ready.

I believe a Tesla employee was quoted on TMC as saying Tesla expected to deliver U.S. Signatures, was it even all U.S. Signatures, by years end. Nothing seems to indicate so far a further postponement of the launch, though it is of course interesting to count how many Model X Tesla ends up shipping in 2015.

. ......
There are many people here who are lot more informed than me. So I might very well be wrong.
2) Elon promised that production car will always be better than demo cars. He mentioned this multiple times actually. In interviews/CCs and on twitter....

does this mean that signature cars are considered to be demos