Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How valid is the data from TMC polls?

How useful is the polling data gathered from TMC polls?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I voted "Other"

Using a self selecting statistically invalid poll to determine of polls are valid (due to their self selecting nature), violates some sort of recursive principle of Ptyhonesque Physics, and will undoubtedly crash the server.

The problem is that the samples, as with this poll, are simply too small to deduct anything terribly useful. If we could get pretty much every owner to take the polls, it would be better. Easier said than done, for sure. But I still enjoy taking participating and seeing the results.

And I'm not sure that dispositive is the correct word:

adjectiverelating to or bringing about the settlement of an issue or the disposition of property: such litigation will rarely be dispositive of any question.• Law dealing with the disposition of property by deed or will: the testator had to make his signature after making the dispositive provisions.• dealing with the settling of international conflicts by an agreed disposition of disputed territories: a peace settlement in the nature of a dispositive treaty.

The problem is that the samples, as with this poll, are simply too small to deduct anything terribly useful. If we could get pretty much every owner to take the polls, it would be better. Easier said than done, for sure. But I still enjoy taking participating and seeing the results.

That would be a good first step. The second is dealing with bias in answers: making them more neutral and being careful to eliminate overlap. If you can solve the self-selection problem, then you correct for the apathy bias somewhat.