Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Montana

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. Ordered an 85D about a month ago and just got confirmation of delivery next week. I've been lurking here for a while and decided now was a good time to post and introduce myself. Looking forward to getting on the EV bandwagon!

Welcome! Can you tell us what convinced you to order a Tesla (S or X?) and what your vehicle configuration is?

S 85D, Titanium, Pano Roof, Tan Next Gen, Autopilot, Premium Interior, Air Suspension, Subzero Package. I've been interested in Tesla for a while but it was a test drive from their recent I-90 tour that really convinced me (and more imporantly the wife) to go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

S 85D, Titanium, Pano Roof, Tan Next Gen, Autopilot, Premium Interior, Air Suspension, Subzero Package. I've been interested in Tesla for a while but it was a test drive from their recent I-90 tour that really convinced me (and more imporantly the wife) to go for it.

Forgot to add dual chargers, premium center console, parcel shelf and all weather floor mats.

It is probably good that you waited until an AWD Tesla was available. I drove through MT in June and didn't see any other Model S while in the state. I used all the Superchargers even though I could have skipped the one in Superior. I spent the night in Bozeman at the Hilton Garden Inn where they had a Supercharger. I grew up in Roundup and charged at an RV park there for $5. I could have skipped the RV park, but it was good to have more peace of mind. I drove from Billings to Lewistown and down to Big Timber to use the Supercharger there.

Have you met any of the other Bozeman owners? I know DrGuest at least is here on TMC...

I haven't met any Bozeman owners yet but I have been loitering around the SC and met some nice out of town owners. I'm sure I will once I take delivery.

- - - Updated - - -

It is probably good that you waited until an AWD Tesla was available. I drove through MT in June and didn't see any other Model S while in the state. I used all the Superchargers even though I could have skipped the one in Superior. I spent the night in Bozeman at the Hilton Garden Inn where they had a Supercharger. I grew up in Roundup and charged at an RV park there for $5. I could have skipped the RV park, but it was good to have more peace of mind. I drove from Billings to Lewistown and down to Big Timber to use the Supercharger there.

Yes the dual motors plus the growing number of SC made it seem like a good time to jump in.

Welcome Zarkuu! Dr Guest here. Stevezzzz pointed me to this thread. I am a Chiropractor here in Bozeman. We will soon have to see if we can get a local gathering together sometime, Your's will be the 7 th Model S in Bozeman! I have a Dolphin Grey S85 ( Montana License plate, MODEL S) that arrived December 16, 2013 and was the only Model S until June of 2014 when a dark green S85 was delivered to an MD in Bozeman. A Pearl White P85D arrived in May 2015, A Blue P85D arrived in June of 2015, A new metallic Grey 70D arrived in August with a Bike rack on the rear bumper, In Sepetember Stevezzzz's Son arrived at MSU with a Signature P85+ and now your titanium 85D. I personally know 3 of the owners and we have talked or met for lunch. Feel free to look me up and we could meet if you would like to. I have found some pretty sweet places to drive in the almost 2 years since my Model S arrived.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to add dual chargers, premium center console, parcel shelf and all weather floor mats.

I'd love to see it when it gets here, it really sounds like a Beauty!

Welcome Zarkuu! Dr Guest here. Stevezzzz pointed me to this thread. I am a Chiropractor here in Bozeman. We will soon have to see if we can get a local gathering together sometime, Your's will be the 7 th Model S in Bozeman! I have a Dolphin Grey S85 ( Montana License plate, MODEL S) that arrived December 16, 2013 and was the only Model S until June of 2014 when a dark green S85 was delivered to an MD in Bozeman. A Pearl White P85D arrived in May 2015, A Blue P85D arrived in June of 2015, A new metallic Grey 70D arrived in August with a Bike rack on the rear bumper, In Sepetember Stevezzzz's Son arrived at MSU with a Signature P85+ and now your titanium 85D. I personally know 3 of the owners and we have talked or met for lunch. Feel free to look me up and we could meet if you would like to. I have found some pretty sweet places to drive in the almost 2 years since my Model S arrived.

Took delivery at the Flying J in Belgrade Tuesday evening. Been having fun with it ever since. Would love to meet up with you guys sometime. I am still waiting for my HPWC to be hooked up so I'm hanging out at the SC a lot these days.

We learned this morning that the Gillete Supercharger just came on line. Let me know when your Bozeman mini-gathering is to take place and I'll try to make it; it'll be a good excuse to visit my son...who's driving my old Sig Red S85 (old!!?), not a P85+.

We learned this morning that the Gillete Supercharger just came on line. Let me know when your Bozeman mini-gathering is to take place and I'll try to make it; it'll be a good excuse to visit my son...who's driving my old Sig Red S85 (old!!?), not a P85+.
Hi Steve, We have a Guest Room upstairs with it's own bath if you need a place to stay for a couple nights, just let us know if it could help you out when you come visit sometime. Now that Gillette is open, I wonder if someone can Set a new cross country record from Seattle to New York, should be shorter and thus faster!
I just went down to Yellowstone over the weekend, twice! the NorthWest Entrance Saturday and the West Yellowstone entrance on Sunday. I established an easy charge in West Yellowstone with Justin at the Fort Jax RV park. I went almost to Old Faithful. Still no Public EV charging in Yellowstone, the ranger's did not have any idea about when, or where, yet. I bought a Year pass and have been having fun seeing how far into the Parks I can go and still get home. It would be really great if they get some charging put in next year. They are supposed to have 5 areas with chargers, Each Entrance and Old Faithful, eventually. Elon named his car, Old Faithful.
Always nice to hear from you.
Sincerely,
Gary