Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rehoboth - Anyone know if the chargers are working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read there were a few 75amp chargers put into Rehoboth DE this summer at the north end of the boardwalk. I also remember seeing them on plugshare at some point.
Taking a trip that way this weekend, and plugshare no longer shows the spots at all. Not sure what the story is, did they get shut off or something?

I can, of course, travel down south to hit the salisbury supercharger, but that's a lot of extra travel time and we only have 120v at my destination.

We used them a few weeks ago and checked in on PlugShare. Here is the thread on TMC about Rehoboth:

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware - Proposed 16 kW Charging Stations

image.jpg

Thanks! Plugshare isn't showing these for me, nor is it showing the queenstown outlet's evgo plugs either. Must be something wrong in the database used to show the different locations.

Wacky, but now I think we have a good plan for breakfast and power on saturday morning! :)

Check your settings in plug share. I show all of the known chargers. There is a decent free charger in Bridgeville at the Royal Farms (if it's not iced). I have charged at about 27 mph in the Tesla (single charger, dual should be around 50 to 60). I have also used the ones at the outlets in Rehoboth. Unless you have a chademo adapter I would avoid the Queenstown outlet. The regular charger is only 3.3 KW. 120v charging is not bad if you are staying for a day or 2. You should see about 80 to 90 miles over a 24 hour period.

Last edited:
Thanks! Plugshare isn't showing these for me, nor is it showing the queenstown outlet's evgo plugs either. Must be something wrong in the database used to show the different locations.

Wacky, but now I think we have a good plan for breakfast and power on saturday morning! :)

I just brought them up on my Plugshare App. Check what filters you have set on Plugshare.

I used them about a month ago. Worked great. Way more amps than I could use (single charger) and a nice solid 240V, not the 200ish you often see at commercial installations. I got about 30MPH out of it, and you'd probably see 50+MPH if you have dual chargers.

I see them on PlugShare too, so check your settings. They have the ability to filter stuff, so if you bumped the wrong setting it might be hiding them.

If you're coming from Ashburn and your destination is in that area then you can probably make it all the way there and stop at Salisbury on the way back, so you can have that in your pocket as a backup if other options fall through.

Finally, watch the speed limit on those little Delaware roads. I got pulled over for speeding for the first time ever on my way out there. There are lots of little collections of houses where the limit quickly goes from 50 down to 30, and the cops had set up shop right past a curve where that happened. Luckily he got called out to an accident so I don't even know how fast he thought I was going, but be careful!

This may be months late, but I did use one of the chargers. It stayed max amps (dual charger setup) for about an hour and ten minutes, then went to an error on the charger side and stopped providing power. Disconnected and reconnected and it started working again, but I couldn't get it to kick off without returning to my car. Unfortunately I had to leave at that point, but the combo of the charge and plugging into 120v did the job.

It all worked out well, didn't need to hit the superchargers on the way home and had a good time waking around Rehoboth. Just wish something would pop up down in bethany, but they seem to be against anything similar to a charger down there!

(Note: Copied text from here: Charging DC to Rehoboth Beach Del )

I know this is old but thought I'd comment anyway.

There's a new SC going in Rehoboth but has not started construction yet AFAIK: Rehoboth Beach, DE | Tesla

Also, there is one just to the East of the Bay Bridge (Queenstown, MD) now which is under construction and looks like it's almost done: Future Queenstown MD Supercharger moved to Grasonville.

When we were in Rehoboth this July, both city-provided chargers were broken. Very frustrating! I charged from 110v whenever my car was not in use (which was most of the time) and was able to get up to 100% before the trip home. Also, if you're there, check PlugShare because there is a nice guy who lives just off of Rehoboth Ave. who offers his charger to those in need.

When we were in Rehoboth this July, both city-provided chargers were broken. Very frustrating! I charged from 110v whenever my car was not in use (which was most of the time) and was able to get up to 100% before the trip home.

Please write to the members of the Board of Commissioners and ask that they provide more EV charging and that they replace the existing units at Surfside Park with more reliable equipment.

Board of Commissioners