Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO holdouts - what will you pull the trigger for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all of us CPO holdouts, the brave and patient ones that are waiting for that perfect combination of price and options to come along. What are the options and price point that you're waiting to see before you actually hit that red "BUY" button. How long can you hold out for before you settle for whatever is available at your price point?

For me

S85 w/ dual motors
Interior - no color preference
Exterior - black/white/blue/red
Wheels - 19" only - cyclone would be nice
Options - autopilot - anything else if it is in the budget
Mileage - don't care
Price - 65K or less

I can probably wait until next May or June 2016 before I lose my mind and just click on any red "BUY" button.

My car pretty much foot this bill except for autopilot. In addition to what's in my sig, my car came with chrome inserts under frunk, premium lighting, and less than your cut off price. It took a bit to get my car all set up, but I love the car.

For all of us CPO holdouts, the brave and patient ones that are waiting for that perfect combination of price and options to come along. What are the options and price point that you're waiting to see before you actually hit that red "BUY" button. How long can you hold out for before you settle for whatever is available at your price point?
Pretty simple:
- 85kWh (or higher)
- Autopilot
- less than $100,000 with taxes

Now I would prefer to have:
- Dual motors
- Dual chargers
- Panoramic roof
- Next gen seats
- Green or Red exterior
- Tan interior
- Cold weather package
- Premium interior (really I just want the fog lights!!)
- 19" wheels

But all those extra "wants" are so far irrelevant as I have yet to see the "need" category covered.

As for how long I can wait... I suspect I'll find what I want before spring time, but I'd sure like it to be earlier, I've been eyeing an inventory P85+ that snuck in to the autopilot category, and it's the gorgeous green with Tan, but it's $105k plus tax, so that's about $112k, and even if I could stretch that far, it has 21" summer tires on it that would have to be fixed before winter at a cost of a few grand more in the next month or so. (I wouldn't buy 21" winters, I'd want rims and all) so as often as I drool over that car, it's just not going to happen.

NOTE: before someone posts one of many vehicles that match my request, look at where I am. Tesla has asked the Canadian government to block the import of used MSs in to Canada, so I can only buy a Canadian car.

I have a feeling that we will be seeing more P85D's in the used market then 85D's for awhile. People who bought the 85D weren't looking for the fastest car, and are less likely to trade in for the 90D, or X. Same reason you don't see a ton of 85's out there, mostly P85s or above.

I'd like a used 85D though.

I'm basically looking for this car or this car, but as a "D". I'd prefer the Midnight Silver for color though, red is too flashy. I'd like the pano roof as well.

/edit I should add I'm not too concerned about getting autopilot. I'd rather wait for generation 2 that's works really well then roll the dice on generation 1. Considering how long it's taking them to get generation 1 out the door I'm not holding my breath for that. Besides, I like driving my car.

Last edited:
There's 3+ of us waiting for sub 50k, only requirement is rear-facing seats. I am willing to wait as long as needed, but hopeful in seeing something after the MX release. I was offered a 60, no tech, but with pano, uhfs, wood obeche, for 47.4K and turned it down to wait for RFS. I know I might have a long wait, which is fine by me. If I'm going to stretch for this car, I'm going to get the only option that I really want to have for my family.