Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet Attempts to Park A Tesla- You Decide?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"allegedly, smashing the rear of the Tesla into the pillar."

don't let valet's touch your car. I NEVER do. even in NYC I refuse to let garage attendants park it. I dont give them the keys to my car either, ever. if they don't let me self park AND keep the keys, I'll just go to a different garage.

A family member of mine used to work at a country club a few years back and it had nice cars (Ferrari, Bentley, Porsche ect) coming in all the time and he even told me DO NOT LET OTHER PEOPLE PARK YOUR CAR. They are not some magical pro drivers, they are usually part time low to mid 20 somethings who are making some extra cash.

I don't know. I do see a single line on the pillar, so there may have been an impact, but as loud as it was, I would have expected more than a single line from the colliding car.

I also think the jerky driving can be cause by not having creep enabled. People have a really hard time close maneuvering a car when they have to manage both a throttle and a brake.

The loud noise is perfectly timed to the car jerking while encountering the cement post. you can see the car settle back down as it pulls forward---no question there was pretty good impact, only to kiss the front bumper of the other car.

I stand corrected, I looked at it again on a proper monitor (versus iPhone) and he did indeed hit / rub against the pillar. Whether the noise was from tire rubber or car body (or both) is hard to tell, but there is a dark line on the pillar after that was not there before.

And this is why I never go to San Francisco and risk someone parking my car.

When I was in my early twenties I had friends that worked at a well known resort/hotel and this one day someone came up with a Jag and said "don't drive it around, it gets stuck in gears". Well they drove it, and had to drive it for close to 30 miles to get it out of 2nd gear. I can't imagine what they did with Ferraris.

I've only valeted a car I owned once, and it was at work. Watching him park did scare me a bit. With the P90D, if there are no spots I'll just go back home and work from there.