Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Seat Recommendations? Second Row, Front Facing.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
picking up my P90D this week
very excited
need a set of car seats for the new ride

2 x 2yr old twins
can't wait to get the reaction video recorded.

anyway
looking for experiences with car seats which
- offer best of class safety (particularly given the likely "insane"/"ludicrous" shenanigans)
- blend in well with the MS interior
- price/value

considered but passed on the 3rd row back facing factory install seats

I've heard very good things about the Diono, but haven't had one. We had all three kids in Britax. Used two different convertible seats and two larger booster seats over the years since they recommend not using them for more than 6 years. They tend to be wider, here's a good discussion of comparisons between the two. Since your kids are already 2 years old I would vote for the Diono. Diono vs. Britax Clicktight: Best Convertible Car Seats (Ratings/Reviews/Prices)

I have two Britax Frontier seats (forward facing harness to booster) for my 4 and 3 year olds... They are great, except they leave a big horizontal indentation in the headrest due to the way they are designed. I chose them originally because the top tether routes around the headrest... Oh well, they are very safe and very easy to install with the clicktight mechanism. I recommend overall, if you don't mind the strange indentation on the headrest... Sorry, I don't have pics, and I don't intend to remove the seats just to take pictures!

Ed

With 2 car seats in the back, there is not room for a 3 person in the back seat. With our family of 5, we really need extra room the X should offer. We tried several different seats, including the Radian (which we returned). We ended up with these from Target. We also needed one seat belt extender -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005J6JRMM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01 and these seat cushion protectors -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BFQ5BM0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

IMG_20150913_082417.jpg
IMG_20150913_082431.jpg

picking up my P90D this week
very excited
need a set of car seats for the new ride

2 x 2yr old twins
can't wait to get the reaction video recorded.

anyway
looking for experiences with car seats which
- offer best of class safety (particularly given the likely "insane"/"ludicrous" shenanigans)
- blend in well with the MS interior
- price/value

considered but passed on the 3rd row back facing factory install seats

Just out of interest when did your car enter production? Mine was ordered 8/27 and started production 9/2. Hoping it's done this week. Same mode (p90d)

With 2 car seats in the back, there is not room for a 3 person in the back seat.

We're able to fit two Diano Radians in the rear (behind passenger) and center position, with enough room for a third passenger to be safely belted behind the driver. (It's tight, but usable for short to medium trips.) Per the install guide, you can put the two seats next to each other, as opposed to the outside positions. Note the middle seat is installed with the belt while the rear passenger side is LATCH. Also, for whatever reason, when using a center seat, it's apparently not recommended to have one behind the driver. See: Tesla Model S Review: The Only Emissions Come from the Kids

With 2 car seats in the back, there is not room for a 3 person in the back seat. With our family of 5, we really need extra room the X should offer. We tried several different seats, including the Radian (which we returned). We ended up with these from Target. We also needed one seat belt extender -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005J6JRMM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01 and these seat cushion protectors -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BFQ5BM0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

View attachment 93956View attachment 93958

try the bubblebum we can 3 in the 2nd row with that