Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick Question: European Roadster Standard Audio System

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Premium Audio is a Alpine IVA W900 double-din touch-screen unit.

2011-Tesla-Roadster-2-5-Interior-3-View-670x427.jpg

The Standard Audio is a bit more tricky. Only found two images. Seems to be an Alpine unit too.

Looks like an Alpine iDA-X303...
381_ss.jpg

2011-tesla_roadster-interior-2.5-580x413.jpg

Tesla_Roadster_006.jpg

Last edited:
Tesla Roadster Sport Signature 250 Review | Cars | CNET UK
...In-car entertainment is fairly well-catered for. The Roadster's Alpine iDA-X305 stereo doesn't feature a CD player, but it'll let you enjoy digital music from an iPod or mobile phone with relative ease. Those who don't have an iPod can swap the iPod dock for a standard USB port, though there's also the option of streaming Bluetooth audio (plus hands-free Bluetooth calls) from your mobile phone to the car's excellent loudspeakers...
440x330-tesla5.jpg

Alpine IVA W900 is bad to worse. i don't think any alpine is better?

That's why I opted for the standard one din audio. I will only miss the rear camera.
The iDA-X305 is not that bad, it's a good system with good sound. Some say there's a problem with connecting iPhones, but I don't have one, so I don't care. Also there is no bluetooth and no CD drive. Don't need them either.
It's a pity that the display colors are only blue and red, would have wanted a green option for my lightning green Roadster.

I found the car was very scary to back up with out a rear camera, and had one installed as soon as I could.

I'd considered adding one. I had thought I might need one since the rear window is so small and due to the body sloping down from the roll bar the whole way to the tail, but I've found the visibility to be little, if any, worse than the other roadster's I've owned. So I don't think I'd use a camera if I'd gotten it, but I've also never had a camera, so maybe if I'd already been used to one I'd think differently.

I'd considered adding one. I had thought I might need one since the rear window is so small and due to the body sloping down from the roll bar the whole way to the tail, but I've found the visibility to be little, if any, worse than the other roadster's I've owned. So I don't think I'd use a camera if I'd gotten it, but I've also never had a camera, so maybe if I'd already been used to one I'd think differently.

I dunno, I think it's just unsafe. You can see directly behind you, but not to the sides. After an extremely close call I decided to never again back out of a parking spot until I got a camera installed.

I can see to the sides during parking better than I can during lane changes on the highway (i.e., more time for a better look, without me moving in the opposite direction), but any safety device that helps some is useful.

I installed the Multivex side mirrors; my visibility for lane changes is excellent. Highly recommended. Most of the time I accelerate into a lane change so they can't hit me anyway. :wink:

In addition to the backup camera, I had a look-left camera installed in the front of my car. Now I want a right-looking one for one-ways coming from the left. If there's a tall car parked on my right and I'm at a stop sign, one-ways to the left can be deadly. With these front cameras I can peek out and see what's coming. The camera's wide view can see beyond 90 degrees left.

15frjvp.jpg