Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

w00t! We're a 2-Tesla Family!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

perkiset

... this one goes to 11
Jan 7, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
So my wife, who's always been a Jag fan has been driving my sled for a couple days. And what we all know happens, happened. She FELL IN LOVE.

Just got out of the Tesla store at the Phoenix Fashion Square mall where we ordered her a red 70D ... she didn't need all the acceleration but definitely got it appointed otherwise. YEAH MAN! Ridiculously excited for her, this is going to be AWESOME.

So my wife, who's always been a Jag fan has been driving my sled for a couple days. And what we all know happens, happened. She FELL IN LOVE.

Just got out of the Tesla store at the Phoenix Fashion Square mall where we ordered her a red 70D ... she didn't need all the acceleration but definitely got it appointed otherwise. YEAH MAN! Ridiculously excited for her, this is going to be AWESOME.

So she didn't get the P90D after all?

So she didn't get the P90D after all?
Nope - she's practical as well as fun. She said, "Honey I don't need all of that ... I'm happy with the 70." Can't wait to take a picture of our garage with the two side-by-side :)

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the club - once the X is out we will be a 3 Tesla family!
That's VERY awesome, right on man.

I'm guessing they'll have you cancel the order and do it again through the link. Not sure what the "buyers remorse" laws are in Arizona, or what Tesla's "I changed my mind" policy is for cancellations, but I don't imagine it'll be a problem for you.

Oh, and congratulations on your [wife's] new purchase! We'll be a two Tesla family when the 3 comes out. Can't wait!

Tesla Granted my referral after I placed my order without it, no questions asked. I think it had even already confirmed to production. I just had my delivery contact at the Scottsdale Location handle it with Headquarters. Hope they'll honor yours too.

My wife also has a Jag - and has been waiting for the Model X launch. But now that she's learned the middle-row seats won't fold, she's lost interest in the Model X. She loves driving my Model S - but really wanted something that could hold 7 passengers - and have at least as much (if not more) usable storage space as my Model S...

Here we go! Delivery is this coming Tuesday for my love's new Red Rocket. She's crazy excited, and I love the two chargers in our garage. Awesome.
Too funny - we've been having the same discussion at my home. My wife wants red in a 70D so we may also become a 2-Tesla home soon! She was waiting for the X but now that we've seen it, other than the new tech (headlights and sensors) there isn't much advantage from the S. May make the decision sooner than later if we can get rid of our X5... :)

Too funny - we've been having the same discussion at my home. My wife wants red in a 70D so we may also become a 2-Tesla home soon! She was waiting for the X but now that we've seen it, other than the new tech (headlights and sensors) there isn't much advantage from the S. May make the decision sooner than later if we can get rid of our X5... :)
Come to find out, my wife has "red sports car" on her bucket list. I never knew this, as she's always been a black car person. So since I have a black S85D she says that we don't need another black car and she can take car of her want. VERY excited for her, and am looking forward to having a red car in our life. Awesomeness.

And hey! Just a couple days after getting it she will get AP! She may wind up being the least-pissed-off person who doesn't have AP of all time LOL