Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would people pay for a Brabus modified Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for the price estimates.
What would it be for the earlier Roadsters, like VP?
And what if the Roadster is modified, like BRABUS?

VPs "trickled out" over time, so there is a wide date range between the ~30 of them.
Some of them were used heavily as marketing cars, so could have a bit more "wear and tear" than some one owner cars.
The early VPs were 1.5s with perhaps < $60K price estimate depending on condition.
Some later VPs were 2.0s, including some sports, and those would likely fetch more.

BRABUS modified Roadster(s) are fairly unique, and hard for me to guess what price they could fetch. I would guess $75K+ from the right buyer.
Again, don't hold me to these numbers. Just my own personal hunches.

Brabus modified Roadsters:
brabus1.png

brabus2.png

I'm not a big fan of any of the Brabus mods on the Roadster, it really makes it from what I take it to be more of a Honda Civic "Rice Rocket" look. Lights under the car, tall rims that really don't fit the lines of the car but rather make it look more short and stubby, a spoiler on top of a spoiler (really!?!?). Not for me and its not what the Roadster is about.

A 17" front and 18" rim in the rear, with a slight dish look with the rear rims fit the Roadster. A true functional wing, ditching the stock wing, would fit the Roadster. Many Lotus Exiges with an aftermarket CF rear wing look fantastic. And please, PLEASE no lights under the car!!!

The Brabus look reminds me of Roadster #116 that was all tweaked out in colors and oddities that makes your eyes cringe. #116 had all the over the top red/black contrast colors to it. It really looked like a car the A-Team would be driving more than anything else.

I'd pick the ROC car over a Brabus, and a stock one if the ROC wasn't available.

Thanks for all the help, I googled Tesla Roadster Brabus and did not find many positive comments about Brabus-converted Roadsters.... I have taken more pictures, please have a look and decide yourself:
Dropbox - PicsEtc

There are also pictures of the touchscreen with battery status, etc.
I can take more pictures, I see that I am not a photographer....
Comments are welcome!

Thanks for all the help, I googled Tesla Roadster Brabus and did not find many positive comments about Brabus-converted Roadsters.... I have taken more pictures, please have a look and decide yourself:
Dropbox - PicsEtc

There are also pictures of the touchscreen with battery status, etc.
I can take more pictures, I see that I am not a photographer....
Comments are welcome!

From what I can tell those cracks on the doors I think exist on all roadsters, I wonder if it was to install the glass window?

Minor nitpick the coolant tank doesn't looks like it screwed in.

I think maybe something going on with the APS inside the ESS, with all the modifications done to the car, I would try to find and remove all 12v devices that isn't stock.

I'm not a big fan of any of the Brabus mods on the Roadster, it really makes it from what I take it to be more of a Honda Civic "Rice Rocket" look. Lights under the car, tall rims that really don't fit the lines of the car but rather make it look more short and stubby, a spoiler on top of a spoiler (really!?!?). Not for me and its not what the Roadster is about.

A 17" front and 18" rim in the rear, with a slight dish look with the rear rims fit the Roadster. A true functional wing, ditching the stock wing, would fit the Roadster. Many Lotus Exiges with an aftermarket CF rear wing look fantastic. And please, PLEASE no lights under the car!!!

Ditto

Adding that wing (on those Brabus modified cars) looks weird to me. Would it perform any useful function?

No, it has no functionality what-so-ever hence my "honda civic" comment on this as well as the many mods. Honestly, it will do something... good/bad who knows. I know the good (minimal, if any) won't be noticeable at all. And most likely that wing is creating more drag and negatively impacting the efficiency of the Roadster.

Typically rear wings are added to put more down-force pressure on the rear wheels at higher speeds which adds to more traction to the back. Also in some ways it changes the flow of the air running across the back so you really need to know what your doing there, understand the turbulence / vortexes that naturally created by the car, design and apply your wing, and test test test.

But some people have different tastes and styles in cars so if this type of thing makes you happy, then that's what counts the most. Its like how Ford has teamed up with Harley-Davison to create the HD edition. I wouldn't buy it, but some do and that puts a smile on their face when they drive it.

Last edited:
Not on my 1.5.

+1 - I don't have cracks anywhere on my 1.5 Roadster. From what I take from the pics and the cracks, this thing looks like it was Tesla's Test vehicle for the durability course. The one where test drivers take it out on 25k miles on a course thats setup to rattle the car to death. I'd be afraid of a rivet failing inside the ESS from all the vibrations it took nor would I want to push this car hard through turns nor take it to high speeds. Really looks abused from the pics.

What I'm curious about, how'd they trick the TPMS / Traction control to not heed to the tire rotation ratio between the front/back. The front/back wheels appear to be the same size. Did they disable TC on this thing?

Appears to be a very early VIN looking at the CF above the fender in pic "2015-09-10 16.37.58.jpg". I have #268 and its plastic.

Also looks like it was repainted and it appears to have been originally a Radiant Red. I hate repaints! So the cracks also could of been some monkey business of the painter.

If I bought that thing I'd rip all that Brack-itty Brack Brabus Junk out of it.

Last edited:
Thanks! I was puzzled by those cracks.

I do recall I have that sticker there too, I guess we all do. But if there's a crack under that thing, I really don't care unless its going to be detrimental structurally to the door so I won't be peeling it off soon. I believe its just cosmetic, unless it gets bad enough that the CF skin wants to peel off.

Appears to be a very early VIN looking at the CF above the fender in pic "2015-09-10 16.37.58.jpg". I have #268 and its plastic.
Also looks like it was repainted and it appears to have been originally a Radiant Red. I hate repaints! So the cracks also could of been some monkey business of the painter.
If I bought that thing I'd rip all that Brack-itty Brack Brabus Junk out of it.

Yes, it is VP18. Yes, it was Radiant Red at first.

When new:
2664734375_e67b3c8cef.jpg

I don't think it was a durability test car. I think it was in good shape when Brabus did the customization.
It looks like it has been through a lot since then.