Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with connecting to calendar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an iPhone 6 plus running iOS 8.4.1 The phone works just fine, including acting as a music player, but I cannot get the calendar to connect. I have configured the settings that the Tesla app specifies on both phone and car, but have been unable to make the calendar app connect. Has anyone had a similar problem or know how to fix this? I have rebooted both the phone and the car touchscreen with no effect.

I may be totally incorrect, but I think you need to have the Tesla app running the background on your phone. I always leave it running after a phone reboot for notifications, so I will have to test. Also, not to be dumb, but confirm that your car's bluetooth is on, though it sounds like it is from your comments. Mine works well.

I had trouble with it too. It took about three hours or so to initially connect and now it works fine. Hopefully the next time you get in the car it will work.

Note: It doesn't require having the Tesla app running. I use Remote S and the calendar is fine.

I always do keep the Tesla app running in the background, and bluetooth is working fine so it is a mystery to me. Thanks for the input. I will keep working on it.

Few suggestions:

1. Go into your iPhone Settings app and make sure you allowed calendar access to the Tesla app when it asked you. Maybe you said no. It only ask you that first time and if you don't agree, then it will never be able to read your calendar and sync it. That sounds like the likely problem.

2. If wasn't it, reboot the main screen, and reboot your phone, start the Tesla app, see if you get a sync when in the car after say 20 seconds or so at most.

3. All iOS versions haven't seemed to be the issue sos should matter if your on 8.X or up to the new 9.1 that just released for public beta today even.

4. Finally, try unpairing the phone from car and repairing as well. Not sure if you did this as didn't read back the entire posts...

-T

Few suggestions:

1. Go into your iPhone Settings app and make sure you allowed calendar access to the Tesla app when it asked you. Maybe you said no. It only ask you that first time and if you don't agree, then it will never be able to read your calendar and sync it. That sounds like the likely problem.

2. If wasn't it, reboot the main screen, and reboot your phone, start the Tesla app, see if you get a sync when in the car after say 20 seconds or so at most.

3. All iOS versions haven't seemed to be the issue sos should matter if your on 8.X or up to the new 9.1 that just released for public beta today even.

4. Finally, try unpairing the phone from car and repairing as well. Not sure if you did this as didn't read back the entire posts...

-T

Well, I tried all of those suggestions and even uninstalled and reinstalled the Tesla app. Still won't display calendar, athough all other bluetooth functions with phone work. If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them. It would be very nice to be able to look at my calendar on the fly.

Could you confirm that you have done all of these three things?

IMG_3124.PNG

I have an iPhone 4S withe 8.4 and find it takes a while before a new appointment appears in the car. I can make it synch by opening the Tesla app and issuing a command like open the roof or turn AC on and it will add the appointment at the same time.
Another tip is do you have more than one email account on your phone and if so is the relevant calendar on the first or primary account?

For what its worth, since my most recent 6.2 update 10 days ago I have had to reboot the center screen three times to get bluetooth to connect. Message said something to the effect of "problem with bluetooth" and a reboot fixed it.

Also possible cause is running iOS 9. Its not a big deal to reboot the screens but it can be annoying. Hope a combination of Tesla updates and iOS updates together will fix the problem. Prior to these updates I went for many months with perfect automatic connection.