Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Toyta Prius just got even more uglier

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
seriously don't know what the execs at toyota are smoking these days. i mean first with the mirai being ugly as hell as well as completely impractical, but now the styling of the new prius? I thought it was supposed to lose its "ugliness" and start looking like a sharp car? wow this thing is so ugly with abnormal shapes it looks like it was in an accident as it rolls right off the production line. seriously. the first thought I had is that if looking from the back it looks like it was smashed broadsided into the side rear end of the vehicle.

Toyota just launched an all-new Prius, and it looks weirder than ever | The Verge

Well, it's not as bad as the Miria, though it appears to be trying to look like it a little. When they showed the tail lights, the first thing I thought was that perhaps there was a fire close to an earlier prototype and the tail light melted, some exec saw it and thought "Perfect! Lets go with that!"

2015-09-09_11-04-49.jpg

I agree with the point about the lights - I can see what they're trying to do, they're trying to keep some of the "Prius character". The platform is getting long long long in the tooth though and time to spruce it a bit.

Look at the right taillight. The thought behind the 'design' is to display a stylized P.

It's hard to say which car is more hideous looking – this Prius or the Mirai – but regardless, those two cars are hands down the two most hideous looking cars in production that I can think of.

Toyota apparently has absolutely no idea at all with regards to exterior and interior design, or they are deliberately literally trying to kill off those two models by design.

Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Well, it's not as bad as the Miria, though it appears to be trying to look like it a little. When they showed the tail lights, the first thing I thought was that perhaps there was a fire close to an earlier prototype and the tail light melted, some exec saw it and thought "Perfect! Lets go with that!"

View attachment 93577

LOL yea it's like the prefab cast molding accidently melted they just kept using it for production vehicles. reminds me of melting plastic cups in the microwave.

melted.jpg

Not sure how that translates to it not being ugly. People have proven they can get past the looks, but that's not the same thing as not being ugly.

I am not sure if I understand you right...according to you Toyota produces ugliest cars...But people disagree because Camry is one of the best selling ICE sedans at 25-35K range.

If it was ugly people would not buy it.

I agree with your statement partially...I don't like the way Prius look...There are several Model S owners who have previously owned Prius and most people buy for its mpg

I am not sure if I understand you right...according to you Toyota produces ugliest cars...But people disagree because Camry is one of the best selling ICE sedans at 25-35K range.

If it was ugly people would not buy it.

I agree with your statement partially...I don't like the way Prius look...There are several Model S owners who have previously owned Prius and most people buy for its mpg

I'm simply saying people are prioritizing other attributes of the vehicle over aesthetics.

That aside, I didn't say they produced the ugliest cars, but I agree that they produce some of the ugliest.

I'm simply saying people are prioritizing other attributes of the vehicle over aesthetics.

This is exactly true. Getting from point A to B in a safe, efficient, reliable and inexpensive way will trump a whole lot of aesthetic stuff, all day long, every day. On the bonus side of things, nobody will bat an eyelash when an ugly vehicle gets dinged for the first time. :wink:

Toyota builds the ugliest cars on the planet.

Agree. Except maybe for the mid-80's Supra.

Not true. A lot of people don't care (as much) what a car looks like and it is just an "appliance" to them. I think the Camry falls squarely into this category.