Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the Model X BE reveiled on the Frankfurt autoshow IAAA ? September 2015 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there Any news If a Model X Will BE present in Frankfurt on the yearly autoshow ?

It is one of the biggest in europe and I live About 300 Miles (460km) from there. I would Like to plan my weekend (get babysit, arrange hotel, drive there day1, come back day2).

this As I really want to see the car before buying it, first time I spend this kind of money so It really needs to live up to expectations.

thanks
andy

AndyP, no one knows for sure. However, my guess is that they will not have a production Model-X vehicle at the show because Elon Musk has stated in the past that they would not reveal the design until the first unit ships (September 29, 2015). At best they would have an old prototype, which is significantly different from the production model.

Is there Any news If a Model X Will BE present in Frankfurt on the yearly autoshow ?

It is one of the biggest in europe and I live About 300 Miles (460km) from there. I would Like to plan my weekend (get babysit, arrange hotel, drive there day1, come back day2).

this As I really want to see the car before buying it, first time I spend this kind of money so It really needs to live up to expectations.

thanks
andy

While it is not completely impossible Frankfurt would be the first time they show the final, production version of the X to the public, it would not be very Tesla-like. However I will say this: If Elon shows up with an X at Colbert tomorrow, I would give a 51% chance of the X making it to Frankfurt as it would have already bee revealed. If he does not show it tomorrow night, I`d say 20% tops as they would surely wait for September 29th (when we expect a Founders delivery event).

Either way it would be kind of a bummer to miss such an important car show in Europe with the X, but they may go the Apple & Microsoft route of moving their premieres from big industry events like CES, IAA and MWC to special Apple and Microsoft events.

I can't imagine they will having anything new in Frankfurt. They would want the X reveal to be a big event, and at Frankfurt it would get overshadowed by the other reveals. In addition it wouldn't make sense to do the reveal at a European show. They have their own event on 9/29.