Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to the Tesla MS Family with my P90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings,

I am very appreciative to all who have provided helpful information here. I just picked up my black on black P90D last Friday and I'm so amazed by the no compromise capabilities of the car. Style, comfort, and performance set a new bar in my mind. I selected NG seats, premium interior, CF trim, HF sound, cold weather pkg, 2nd charger, center console, body colored roof, and 19" wheels. I weighted the car at 4,908 pounds on racing scales. I also ordered a set of staggered 20" AG M590 wheels with 245/275 Hankook EVO2 tires from Jason @ GetYourWheels (thanks Jason!) to create the stance I wanted. It goes in for a full XPEL Ultimate wrap this week to protect it from stones here in New England. I don't have any performance data as yet, but the acceleration is certainly amazing to me.

20150906_drive3_small.jpg

20150906_ocean2_small.jpg

-Wayne

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I look forwarding to contributing to the community.

In answer to some of your questions: I did select the air suspension and should have mentioned that for reference with the weight of 4,908 which was with the stock 19" wheels. The weight increased to 4,916 with the M590 AG wheel/tire package. Sorry guys, no AMC Pacer or chorus of Bohemian Rhapsody happening lol. Not sure I can make the MASS Tesla Party on the 26th but will try!

-Wayne

Regarding the wheels... I plan to drive the car year round in new england, so I figured the stock 19s would be best for that, initially with the all seasons but eventually with winter tires. For the summer I prefer a staggered setup and the asymmetric vane direction of the 21s bothered me on the passenger's side. So I looked for a rotation neutral 20" wheel and the AG M590 struck a cord. I am very happy with the results now that I can see the package together. Wheels can really change the look and character of the MS.