Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan State University Game Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

thx1139

Aug 1, 2014
Lemont, IL
Taking my son to see Michigan State vs Oregon next Saturday. We are self guiding tour of school during the day and then going to game. We will be coming from St. Joseph Supercharger and will need to get back to it on Sunday. Will need some juice somewhere near East Lansing during the game day. I see chargers around, but wondering what its like to get a charger during game day. The game starts at 7PM. So we would be there early.

There is a charger at the stadium parking lot, just dont know if we will be able to get into it during game day.

We are on our way to East Lansing from Southern California for the game. The Marriott in east Lansing has a 70 amp charger. Maybe give them a call to see if you can reserve it, or maybe they can manage a couple cars with valet? If not, I am not sure how the charging would work by the stadium. Might be no guarantee that way. We are planning on a taxi or uber from williamston.
By the way the game is at 8 pm. Go Green!!

Taking my son to see Michigan State vs Oregon next Saturday. We are self guiding tour of school during the day and then going to game. We will be coming from St. Joseph Supercharger and will need to get back to it on Sunday. Will need some juice somewhere near East Lansing during the game day. I see chargers around, but wondering what its like to get a charger during game day. The game starts at 7PM. So we would be there early.

There is a charger at the stadium parking lot, just dont know if we will be able to get into it during game day.

FYI. I just used the one today at the Marriott in east Lansing and it is right up front. Mike at the valet was very nice and no charge. I just gave him a good tip for letting us charge there for a few hours. He didn't think it would be used during the game Saturday. So,maybe you could give them a call and reserve it. Or they could switch you out, if someone else also needs it. 80 amp charger, just need to follow the instructions on the unit to get it to go from 70 to 80 amps.

Ended up charging and parking at the Marriot. Had to pay for parking, but that is OK we were going to pay for parking anyway. Beautiful day and beautiful campus. My son is definitely interested in going to Michigan State. I also saw that we could drive back through Angola, Indiana and use the Supercharger there. Prefer the drive through Michigan so a Supercharger in East Lansing area would be nice.

Ended up charging and parking at the Marriot. Had to pay for parking, but that is OK we were going to pay for parking anyway. Beautiful day and beautiful campus. My son is definitely interested in going to Michigan State. I also saw that we could drive back through Angola, Indiana and use the Supercharger there. Prefer the drive through Michigan so a Supercharger in East Lansing area would be nice.

The East Lansing Super charger is planned for Spring/Summer 2016