Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low price on a CPO 85 with lots of options...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think this is at all related to the Model X, it's just a car with high mileage.

I have a friend who bought a P85 CPO for $73K. His car had similar mileage (but was a much earlier production model - about 9 months earlier). I think Tesla's pricing over-emphasizes the distance driven.

Seems like a great deal, but it's hard to say what kind of shape it's in. Could have been in an accident, paint could be damaged, who knows. You'd have to see it in person to really know.

Do you know what the C in CPO means? :)

Tesla warrants these cars for four years. They will know the history of the car before they buy it in the first place. I suppose that someone could have done something nefarious, but more likely... this is just the price that Tesla charges for a car that old with over 40,000 km on it. As I said, I've seen similar pricing on similar mileage cars before.

Do you know what the C in CPO means? :)

Tesla warrants these cars for four years. They will know the history of the car before they buy it in the first place. I suppose that someone could have done something nefarious, but more likely... this is just the price that Tesla charges for a car that old with over 40,000 km on it. As I said, I've seen similar pricing on similar mileage cars before.
Take a gander around the forums here discussing cosmetic and repair concerns about their CPOs purchased sight unseen.

Looks like this one's gone... And a few others in the lower price range. The 4yr/80,000km warranty on the CPOs is really great... I would have looked at something like this if it were around when I bought mine. Would have given me the bigger battery and some options for not much more than I paid for my near new 60.

Take a gander around the forums here discussing cosmetic and repair concerns about their CPOs purchased sight unseen.

And to balance that out, look for my posts regarding the tremendously positive experience we've had with a 2013 Tesla Model S85 we purchased through CPO a few months ago.

Bought for significantly less than private party sale, completely new tires, brakes, UMC and best part is a 4 year full warranty.

And to balance that out, look for my posts regarding the tremendously positive experience we've had with a 2013 Tesla Model S85 we purchased through CPO a few months ago.

Bought for significantly less than private party sale, completely new tires, brakes, UMC and best part is a 4 year full warranty.
Did you see it before you bought it though? That's the point I'm trying to make here.

Did you see it before you bought it though? That's the point I'm trying to make here.

Yes. We received a phone call promptly after we ordered and were invited to see the car, which we did one day later. It was in less than ideal condition, which Tesla remedied to our complete satisfaction.

I posted a very detailed set of posts on our pre and post delivery experiences.