Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your #1 favorite thing about your car - before/after owning it!

Your #1 favorite feature of the Model S

• Exterior styling and looks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Interior styling and design

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Full "tank" in the morning

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Environmental impact (or lack thereof)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 1-pedal driving

• Technology (17" screen, smartphone apps, OTA software updates)

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Smoothness, quietness of ride

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Acceleration, torque, and handling

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • TACC / Autopilot

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What did you think would be your #1 favorite part about your S before owning it....

...And what is it now?

I thought TACC would be my favorite, but it's actually the smoothness and quietness of the ride. What about you??

(changed the title to make it clearer)

Last edited:
Agree with one pedal driving. The whole implementation of the accelerator pedal is great. It is extremely precise, and accurate, and both engaging and relaxing.

One feature I really miss when I drive other cars is the ability to keep the backup camera on while driving. I always keep it on, because it is so nice to have the extra visibility. It essentially becomes like a fourth mirror.

Agree with one pedal driving. The whole implementation of the accelerator pedal is great. It is extremely precise, and accurate, and both engaging and relaxing.
It also doesn't have the stupid transition that cars with regen on the brake pedal do every time there is an expansion joint or other rough pavement during braking.

One pedal driving!

As a former ActiveE driver, this is one area that BMW did better than Tesla. The regen on the Model S is great, but BMW is even more aggressive.

However, Tesla's software adjustable setting for regen and creep and the like truly is superior to other vehicles in that it allows the driver to set their preferences before heading out to drive.

(I'm a strong regen and no creep guy)

So, I would say, the software adjustability and OTA updates is my favorite part of the car. It improves.

My favorite thing is that it's as responsive as a GOOD musical instrument, and at the same time, amplified to face-melting decibels.
But quietly.

Or the nerdgastical feature that it moves using a mad scientist's force field. :)

Last edited:
After driving ICE rentals on a vacation, I missed the no-drama acceleration and regen deceleration the most. Since driving is mostly accelerating, braking and steering, you are constantly reminded how old fashioned and overly complicated and over engineered and lethargic an ICE is. Constantly.

...And what is it now?

I thought TACC would be my favorite, but it's actually the smoothness and quietness of the ride. What about you??

A little over 4 years ago my reservation for my Model S was confirmed by Tesla.
At that time I hoped that I would have a quiet, smell/emission-free and fuel efficient ride.
After owning my car for more than 2-1/2 years I am glad that it has lived up to my expectations in this regard.
I think that these are still my favorite things about the car.

However, even though I don't have all the new hardware upgrades of the new Model Ss, I am pleasantly surprised that my Model S is better than the day it was delivered due to the many firmware upgrades. (I do like the effortless acceleration too. :wink:)

Larry

As a former ActiveE driver, this is one area that BMW did better than Tesla. The regen on the Model S is great, but BMW is even more aggressive.

However, Tesla's software adjustable setting for regen and creep and the like truly is superior to other vehicles in that it allows the driver to set their preferences before heading out to drive.

(I'm a strong regen and no creep guy)

So, I would say, the software adjustability and OTA updates is my favorite part of the car. It improves.

Tesla (as any other manufacturer) could have even stronger regen. But 60kw is already quite a lot if the battery Is above 70% and more would damage the battery. Yes- they could bump it up to 120kw or whatever if its below 40% but then you get inconsistent regen and that may cause accidents with one pedal driving.