Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Offset required for 10.5 inch rear wheel is...??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you running staggered wheels and a 10.5 inch rear wheel setup (regardless of diameter) --- what offset are you running?

There were a few threads I found of ET42 needing spacers, and I did indeed find this was the case to clear the fender liner. However, my problem was some 20x10.5 ET42 wheels I tested recently, even with a 5mm spacer, they lost hub centricity (due to spacer) and the center cap still didn't clear the center hub nut. So I'd need a 10mm spacer, which in-turn would also require longer wheel studs, which I don't really want to get into. Then it would clear the fender liner, the center hub, etc... but spacers + new studs = hassle, cost, etc.

From what I have seen, the best size for a 10.5 would be ET35 as that would hopefully clear (center cap), clear (fender liner), and so forth. However, I've got a lead on some ET28 10.5 rears ... and I know they'll poke a bit. Not really the look I love, but maybe something I'd consider.

If you have experience with 10.5" rear wheels, please post up your photos and offset data, so I can get an idea of how various width tires, wheel offsets, etc at this wheel width might look... thanks so much!!!!

Hey Guy,

I (white "TESLA S") think we briefly met on the Sunday morning at the Salisbury super at the OC/Salisbury shindig before you headed back home. Thanks for making the trek from OH! Sorry I can't answer your specific ET question on the 10.5's. Might you consider a 10" since you can still stuff a monster tire "out back"? 46&2 and AGT Tactical seem to have mighty cool staggards on the below thread that you might consider? Good-Luck!

Show off your aftermarket wheels. - Page 45

Hey Guy,

I (white "TESLA S") think we briefly met on the Sunday morning at the Salisbury super at the OC/Salisbury shindig before you headed back home. Thanks for making the trek from OH! Sorry I can't answer your specific ET question on the 10.5's. Might you consider a 10" since you can still stuff a monster tire "out back"? 46&2 and AGT Tactical seem to have mighty cool staggards on the below thread that you might consider? Good-Luck!

Show off your aftermarket wheels. - Page 45

That was indeed problem me. My friends (two guys) were with me... we charged and headed back to Ohio. Please to meet you then.. and thanks for the feedback now.

As it turns out I was shopping for wheels but wanting something nice (think Forged, or multi piece wheels). However, not willing to spend $5000-8000 for wheels, I was coming across used wheels from BMWs that fit our cars. We share the 5x120 bolt pattern of a BMW, and simply need hub centric rings to make most BMW wheels fit.

What I ended up doing was just buying the used HRE forged P41 wheels I spotted, which are 10.5" wide rear with an ET28. That is why I was asking-- I had a specific option on the table there. My wheels I am running now, the rear 10.5" only came ET42 or ET27. In truth I could probably just have run the ET27 version and been done with it (1mm difference isn't a huge deal)-- but these HRE seemed like a nice option. Hopefully they fit-- if not that is quite and expensive paper weight-- but still more than 50% off new, so should be easily to sell to recoup costs...

Thanks again for your thoughts-- I'll be sure to post up my results.