Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Damaged my front spoiler / splitter - how much $$$ £££ ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Alan

Sep 18, 2010
UK
Its comical really, a friend who lives nearby has an automatic gate and there is a small metal post sticking up that you have to drive over.

My Lotus is too low to go over this so I park that on the street when visiting, but the Tesla has more ground clearance so I have got used to driving over it.

Last night I made a big mistake. There is plenty of ground clearance over the post with ONE person in the car. With two in the car there was a horrible crunching / ripping noise as I drove out through the gates. :redface:

My front spoiler / splitter is totaled and will need replacing. :cursing:

Does anyone know how much they cost, its one of the exposed carbon fiber ones so I guess its not going to be cheap.

Also does anyone know if its easy to remove - I might have to take it off or cut / trim away some of the damage as its hanging down so will drag across any speed humps etc.

Thanks

On a road to my house there is a stretch where one can get going pretty fast. There is a big car length long dip along that at speed the car springs compress pretty good. I found with a passenger at the same speed I heard a scrape. My Tesla mechanic pointed it out to me with the car on the lift. Minor but a lesson learned.