Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to do with phone? Mount?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use this too. It works. I do not much like the big magnet on the back of my iPhone case but that is not a huge problem.

I just taped mine inside the case, so it's not visible.
d72688cfd55ff49345a8ae7b2d9597b8.jpg

4b148417fad358961f1e6cff7d64e42f.jpg

I'm a big fan of the iMagnet:

iMagnet Mount, original magnetic car phone mount holder stand

The suction cup is some crazy gecko's feet material that sticks to almost anything. The phone end is a magnetic mount. I haven't found a need for a phone mount in my Tesla personally, but I have this mount from before and it's great. The fancy suction cup lets you put it pretty much anywhere there's a vaguely flat surface, doesn't even have to be smooth.

is that slimline and the steelie pretty similar products? what are the differences?

No.

One has a big magnet on the phone, so that means your phone could also be hung off any metal object anywhere, but it protrudes.
The other one has the magnet on the ball, and a thin sticker on your phone. So you can only hang your phone on the ball.

Hands down, best mounts are from proclipusa.com. I've been using them for years, upgrading each time I get a new phone or vehicle. Multiple mounting options for pretty much every vehicle out there and the most secure option you'll find. They seem built into the car and they're individually designed for each mounting spot on each vehicle.

This is the one I use. Slimline Magnetic Phone holder - Abstract Ocean

The bonus is Abstract Ocean is a sponsor here.

I have two of these, one on each side of the 17". They can hold an iPhone 6 in the case during Ludicrous launches, an iPad 3 without case in Ludicrous launch, and I also have one of the plates attached to my GoPro for recording reactions and that holds really well as videos showed. They are fantastic.

can anyone confirm if the slimline product can hold an ipad mini or small tablet?

The message directly above yours suggests yes.

I have two of these, one on each side of the 17". They can hold an iPhone 6 in the case during Ludicrous launches, an iPad 3 without case in Ludicrous launch, and I also have one of the plates attached to my GoPro for recording reactions and that holds really well as videos showed. They are fantastic.