Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X's large windscreen vs S's panoramic roof

X's large windscreen vs S's panoramic roof

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dec 22, 2014
UK
I know we haven't seen it IRL from the inside but just for fun what do you lot prefer, the X's large windscreen or the S's panoramic roof?

To me the X windscreen seems more futuristic, would make it(and any car for that matter) look bigger inside and would benefit taller people. Having said that the S's panoramic roof looks cool from the outside IRL.

While the new Model X windshield will be a tour-de-force incredible experience, the Model S panoramic roof gives the ability to vent the vehicle by cellular phone app. The pano roof offers an easy escape through the top if needed. Opening the roof is occasionally fun as well. However, my use of the panoramic roof is very low, so it will only be occasionally missed. Venting a hot Model X can take place quickly by opening the Falcon Wing Doors just before leaving the parking spot. In the first few months, I expect a crowd who want to see the doors open. Could this be the new DeLorean like delay before driving?

I know we haven't seen it IRL from the inside but just for fun what do you lot prefer, the X's large windscreen or the S's panoramic roof?

To me the X windscreen seems more futuristic, would make it(and any car for that matter) look bigger inside and would benefit taller people. Having said that the S's panoramic roof looks cool from the outside IRL.

I got to see the X windshield "IRL" at a supercharger. I thought it was WAY COOL. No, make that WAY, WAY COOL. There is nothing like it that I know of.

I bought my pano roof for the view. The X windshield is way cooler. The view out the front windshield just doesn't stop.

Well, I like it. But I like the pano on my S. The X is different.

I'm going to vote pano roof because I like the ability to vent the car remotely on hot days. There may be a solution for the Model X that I'm unaware of. Also, I know it wasn't as if Tesla chose between the Model X's large windscreen and a pano roof; the falcon doors pretty much preclude a system like what's on Model S.

All that said, I'm quite excited about the Model X's awesome windscreen.

I'm going to vote pano roof because I like the ability to vent the car remotely on hot days. There may be a solution for the Model X that I'm unaware of. Also, I know it wasn't as if Tesla chose between the Model X's large windscreen and a pano roof; the falcon doors pretty much preclude a system like what's on Model S.

All that said, I'm quite excited about the Model X's awesome windscreen.

No need to vent on a hot day. The Model-X has ventilated/cooling seats! :) You might also be able to run the internal fans to help too.

I think the pano roof makes the back seat much nicer -- more headroom, and looks awesome from the back seat. Don't really notice the pano much when I'm driving. I think I'd really love the Model X windshield because it would be noticeable to me in the driver seat (very much how I'd want my spaceship to look), and still look cool for passengers.

I'm going to vote pano roof because I like the ability to vent the car remotely on hot days. There may be a solution for the Model X that I'm unaware of.
My guess is that the X phone app will allow you to slightly open the Falcon Wings and then turn on the HVAC fan enough to vent the car but not enough for even a small child to squeeze into the car.

My guess is that the X phone app will allow you to slightly open the Falcon Wings and then turn on the HVAC fan enough to vent the car but not enough for even a small child to squeeze into the car.

Yeah, I'm hoping they'll do something like this. It's great to be able to simply let some of the heat out. Many days I park on the top floor of a concrete parking structure and it can get wicked hot inside the car even when it's not too bad outside.

- - - Updated - - -

Or it can just open a window...

This would also work.

- - - Updated - - -

No need to vent on a hot day. The Model-X has ventilated/cooling seats! :) You might also be able to run the internal fans to help too.

Trust me, I'm really looking forward to the ventilated seats. Our Model S is out only car without them and they are sorely missed some days. I would gladly go without heated seats to get ventilated ones.

People sit in the back seat of my S all like the pano view but I still only see the head bar in the driver's seat. I think the X windshield is going to be better for me. The pano roof looks cool from outside but the X is way more cool.

It reminds me of the Vauxhall Astra windshield from a few years ago.
big_100472.jpg

I think the pano roof makes the back seat much nicer -- more headroom, and looks awesome from the back seat. Don't really notice the pano much when I'm driving. I think I'd really love the Model X windshield because it would be noticeable to me in the driver seat (very much how I'd want my spaceship to look), and still look cool for passengers.
But what about the skylights in the Model Xs backseat?

Image: http://i.imgur.com/bsIodS9.png
bsIodS9.png