Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you impress your friends with your Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
besides the large touchscreen, autopresent door handles, frunk, speed, any cool tricks you show your friends on the model S? just got mine recently, and wondering cool stuff we can do with it, maybe something cool with the web browser?

i have the TACC autopilot, and have been showing friends that, although some other high end cars have that as well. people also love the pano roof as well as the charging port!

this is meant as a fun thread, any thoughts would be great!

besides the large touchscreen, autopresent door handles, frunk, speed, any cool tricks you show your friends on the model S? just got mine recently, and wondering cool stuff we can do with it, maybe something cool with the web browser?

The web browser is not even close to being an attraction for Model S.

17 inch screen + rapid acceleration + autopresent handles + frunk = agreed 100%.

There are lot of model S owners who feel browser can be far better..

Good luck on your car :smile:

The web browser is not even close to being an attraction for Model S.

17 inch screen + rapid acceleration + autopresent handles + frunk = agreed 100%.

There are lot of model S owners who feel browser can be far better..

Good luck on your car :smile:

To be honest I don't even really do much with the screen. The nav is terrible, the media options are still pretty basic, and while it's amazing compared to a normal car, it's crappy compared to an actual iPad (which is what it gets compared to once you start using it).

For me it's easy:
* 7 seat capacity with extra storage up front
* the way you can silently waft along
* and then nailing it when they aren't expecting it.

* Door handles seem to get them every time.
* Play by song with voice command.
* The large screen (don't have to do anything and I specially avoid the browser. Don't want shatter the illusion).
* Acceleration from a stop(P85D).

I let some friends that I know well and trust drive it. Otherwise I drive, and I emphasize the quiet, smoothness, one pedal driving. roominess, cargo capacity, touchscreen, OTA updates, convenience of home charging, and...the acceleration.

Driving a Tesla is the best way to convince people to buy one. I recommend that everyone go get a test drive if there is a showroom within an hours drive.

Yeah, people love the door handles. For me, they got old really fast.

Especially when you have the key in your pocket and they slide out every time you go to the garage. I really wish they'd allow geo location of the auto lock setting and allow you the handles to just stay out if unlocked and at home. Would probably extend the life of the motors by years.

I let some friends that I know well and trust drive it. Otherwise I drive, and I emphasize the quiet, smoothness, one pedal driving. roominess, cargo capacity, touchscreen, OTA updates, convenience of home charging, and...the acceleration.

Driving a Tesla is the best way to convince people to buy one. I recommend that everyone go get a test drive if there is a showroom within an hours drive.
Agreed. There is a big difference between observing all the gee-whiz elements and just experiencing driving the car. I've let several good friends drive mine with me in the passenger seat.

While it takes some convincing to have them "stomp it" the first time, normally sedate drivers will do it once or twice more on their own. That and the one pedal driving help them get it.

I was staying at a friends house in Palm Springs as part of a long road trip just after getting the car. I had my friend chauffeur me around in it for the couple of days I was there. A month later, he emailed me that he misses my car.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, people love the door handles. For me, they got old really fast.
Hate it when friends get old fast.

People driving your car.....um, awkward. Wasn't there a horror story about an owner that let his landscaper drive his car and the landscaper wrapped the car around a tree?

Scary stuff. Not sure I'd let people who don't know the secret handshake drive my car...

* Play by song with voice command.

Had a friend check out my car for the first time. And he asks where the CD player is. I tell him there is none. He comments "that's it, we're not getting one" (his wife really wants one). I tell him "what's your favorite song?", and my wife demonstrates the "Play XXXXXX" command. That was priceless.

Had a friend check out my car for the first time. And he asks where the CD player is. I tell him there is none. He comments "that's it, we're not getting one" (his wife really wants one). I tell him "what's your favorite song?", and my wife demonstrates the "Play XXXXXX" command. That was priceless.

I've had *exactly* that conversation with others and even my wife when we first got it. She said it was dumb that there was no CD(despite the fact that I had over 500 albums the USB drive plugged in). The first time she saw play by song work she was sold.