Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me choose my personalized license plate!

Which personalized plate should I get?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My favorite is this one:

SkeneFrontLicense (1).jpg

But this one is pretty good too:

2013-12-11-EffOilBorder1_sm-thumb.jpg

Full list here:

The ultimate list of vanity license plate names | Forums | Tesla Motors

- K

I still don't get the point of getting a personalized plate.

Many years ago I was on the personalized plate train and viewed it as a way to make the car more unique to me specifically. However, I then realized that there are a lot of people that think you are doing something wrong when you aren't and will report you. A personalized plate makes that easier so I jumped off the train.

A more general comment: in brainstorming custom plates, I had two sections in my list of candidates: negative and positive. The ones in this thread's poll would go in the negative section. Examples from the positive section: ELECPWR ELECAR GIGACAR (I live not terribly far from the "Gigafactory"), AJZ3T (mirror image, so doesn't really work for rear plate), NIKOLA.

Here's the entire negative section -- they were all available recently in Nevada, which has a 7-character limit:
GASLESS
NOEXHST
WHATGAS
OUTOGAS
GAS NOT
GAS NO
PSSDGAS
SHUNGAS
GOBYGAS
GAS HUH
NONGAS
GASNOPE

I decided early on to go positive. I'll withhold what I chose until the plates are delivered -- not that's it's so great, but I provided only that one selection on the application and wouldn't want to be usurped.

Last edited:
Personalized plates in Texas are more than I want to pay, so I won't get them. If I have a statement to make I'll put a decal on the window for a one-time fee and I can change it when I want. And not be limited by number of characters or the morality police.

I still don't get the point of getting a personalized plate.
Where I live, out in the boondocks, EVs were unheard of until recently (for several years I had the only one in a six county area). I got my plate as a way of educating folks that my EV was a different kind of car. I expect that others have different motivations. In places where EVs are common I would guess that the personalized plates serve as a sort of conversation with other EV drivers.

I do enjoy seeing and trying to decode personalized plates. Many, perhaps most, people likely don't even notice them.