Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Executive seating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a loaner the other day and it had the executive seating. I really liked the arrangement. I wonder how hard it would be to upgrade?
It would probably be nearly impossible, as they don't offer it anymore.

Strangely, I test drove a P85D with executive seating last weekend that also had LTE, so it was fairly recent produced model. I liked them a lot, but the not folding down made them impractical for me.

Having a BMW with upgraded rear seats in our fleet, we opted for them in our 85D. We don't use our AH7 or 85D to tote so folding wasn't ever an issue. So sorry to see them vanish as they are quite comfortable and give that added little bit extra "needed" between the kids.

IMG_4494.PNG
IMG_4493.PNG
IMG_4495.PNG
IMG_4497.PNG

Whatever happened to the ability for the rear seat occupants to control aspects of the car via the Tesla app? Did that ever get released? Was it dropped? Is my memory wrong about the whole thing?

@footbag you are correct, and I believe it has been officially swept under the rug. I am not sure I want my 7 & 8 year old "playing" with settings but maybe by the time hey are adults the feature will be available. Laughing and not laughing about it

I'm hoping it was discontinued to make room for an improved version that does fold down. Was there any technical reason they couldn't be made to fold down? Sure there is dealing with the center console, but aside from that? Maybe not as flat, but at least enough not to cause too much issue?

I liked the look of them
I liked the feel of them
I really liked how it removed the middle head rest.
But, the not folding down was a no go.

I'm hoping it was discontinued to make room for an improved version that does fold down. Was there any technical reason they couldn't be made to fold down? Sure there is dealing with the center console, but aside from that? Maybe not as flat, but at least enough not to cause too much issue?

I liked the look of them
I liked the feel of them
I really liked how it removed the middle head rest.
But, the not folding down was a no go.

I really liked them, and was OK with them not folding. I just wanted to be able to order the third row kids seats as well as the exec row 2. Then my wife could still ferry 5 kids around during the week for school runs etc, and at the weekend when their grateful parents are taking us out for expensive dinners the 4 adults could travel in comfort.

.... and yes there was supposed to be an app and it has gone AWOL. I don't know anyone who has exec rear seats but I would think the people who did would be pretty upset now that they still have to ask the driver to adjust their seat heating etc.