Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FPL Off-Peak Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone signed up for FPL's Off-Peak Charging program and or had an analysis done?

Picking up my 85D tomorrow, already have HPWC installed and got to thinking this could be a good way to save a few bucks on electric bill.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,

Here are some links to threads that may interest you:

Time of use Charging?

Let's Talk FPL Rate Options

By the way, doesn't the City of Jacksonville Beach provide electric service to Ponte Vedra?

Larry

Has anyone signed up for FPL's Off-Peak Charging program and or had an analysis done?

Picking up my 85D tomorrow, already have HPWC installed and got to thinking this could be a good way to save a few bucks on electric bill.

Thanks,
Jason

I switched over to TOU (RTR-1 Residential Time of Use Rider) from RS-1 Residential Service about two months ago. Haven't done an in-depth cost analysis yet but so far looks good. We basically changed our car charging and running the dishwasher to evening hours and washing/drying to weekends. It didn't create any kind of a hardship on our part. Finally found the right person at FPL to talk to about it as the several that I talked to tried to talk me out of it as they were under the impression that it was set up for businesses only. You need to contact Tammy Franklin 1-800-749.2285 extension 25. She will do a cost analysis for you. She did one on us and it came out looking real good so we switched over. There is a $11.90 a month charge for the meter and you can opt out of the program anytime with out charge.

https://www.fpl.com/rates/time-of-use.html

https://www.fpl.com/rates/pdf/electric-tariff-section8.pdf

View attachment FPL TOU Docs.pdf

FPL’s “peak” hours are listed below. All other hours are considered “off-peak.”

• Nov. 1 - March 31: Monday through Friday between 6 a.m. to 10 a.m., and 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. excluding Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day

• April 1 – Oct. 31: Monday through Friday during the hours from noon to 9 p.m., excluding Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day

Thanks for the info LeoJ.

I thought I responded to this thread earlier. Must have been my tablet freaking out on the wireless.

Larry, to answer your question: I live in Nocatee (West of PVB) so FPL provides our power and JEA provides our water.

I am having a hard time finding a company in the space coast area that looks like they are worth a crap for solar :(

I used Brevard Solar, talk to Jim Spann the owner and let him know Mike Z referred you. Great people to work with and have done more than 1000 systems to date. They did my original install (10Kw system) 4 years ago and added another 5Kw last year.

http://www.brevardsolar.com

My FPL bill is now $9.06 per month (all just fees and taxes) for an all electric 4K square foot home and a Model S to run. I'll probably add a little more capacity when we get the Model X though.

Last edited: