Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used old tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all ... I'm looking at a 2013 model s60 with 65,000 miles ... Nice options ... Price in the high 40s ... Advice please ... Assuming condition is good and no warranty remaining I'd like to hear from folks about price point and higher mileage units and life with smaller battery ... Thanks

I would start with going to a Tesla store as well and ask them to check the system if they have anything in that range as well.

High 40s to Low 50s seem to be popping up more and more, you might even get a inventory car that can get rebates to bring it down in your price range if you get lucky.

Four Tesla stores are in the DC area, Happy hunting!

Hi all ... I'm looking at a 2013 model s60 with 65,000 miles ... Nice options ... Price in the high 40s ... Advice please ... Assuming condition is good and no warranty remaining I'd like to hear from folks about price point and higher mileage units and life with smaller battery ... Thanks

For the high 40s you can buy a CPO car with a 4 year warranty. Why pay the same for a car with a ton of miles and no CPO warranty?

If you go for the car you looked at, have the owner add the 4 year extended warranty to the car so you have some form of warranty coverage for years 5-8 and negotiate the price down to the low 40s given the excessive mileage. Also check the service records. A few fluid flushes would have been due by now.

All in all, not the best deal as forum members have been getting S60s with far fewer mile with the 4 year CPO warranty for that much.

For the high 40s you can buy a CPO car with a 4 year warranty. Why pay the same for a car with a ton of miles and no CPO warranty?

If you go for the car you looked at, have the owner add the 4 year extended warranty to the car so you have some form of warranty coverage for years 5-8 and negotiate the price down to the low 40s given the excessive mileage. Also check the service records. A few fluid flushes would have been due by now.

All in all, not the best deal as forum members have been getting S60s with far fewer mile with the 4 year CPO warranty for that much.

Huh ... I'm just not seeing those price points/ w warranty yet ... Maybe I will as I continue to search ... But that's not avail on this forum ebay or craigslist currently ... I've seem some ended auction prices that were aggressive ... Thanks ... I'll keep hunting ...

Huh ... I'm just not seeing those price points/ w warranty yet ... Maybe I will as I continue to search ... But that's not avail on this forum ebay or craigslist currently ... I've seem some ended auction prices that were aggressive ... Thanks ... I'll keep hunting ...

Just pointing out what is out there for your benefit. If you only go buy the public CPO inventory you are likely not going to get the best deal.

I am just giving you the benefit of knowing that if you contact Tesla directly you will likely be able to get a S60 with far fewer miles and a 4 year CPO warranty for the $40Ks, as that's what other forum members have managed to get. Many of the currently listed CPO cars are bad deals. The more research you do and the more patience you have, the better deal you will be able to get, that is if price matters to you ;)