Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90D range information?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
now that there are plenty of 90D cars out in the wild, why no threads about real world range? are owners seeing the 6% claimed? was the upgrade worth it?

the wife an I are narrowing down the options list and she had asked me whats the 90D range and... well I have not seen much of anything posted about it.

90D <> P90D

now that there are plenty of 90D cars out in the wild, why no threads about real world range? are owners seeing the 6% claimed? was the upgrade worth it?

the wife an I are narrowing down the options list and she had asked me whats the 90D range and... well I have not seen much of anything posted about it.

Ive wondered the same thing, not a single 90D owner has posted a 100% charge number. On the other hand Pete90D has been the most helpful new model owner I recall (lurked on this forum for a couple years before signing up) according to Pete's numbers the increase is 7.5% not 6% I expect rated range at 100% SOC to be > 290 miles in a new 90D.

90D <> P90D

Ive wondered the same thing, not a single 90D owner has posted a 100% charge number. On the other hand Pete90D has been the most helpful new model owner I recall (lurked on this forum for a couple years before signing up) according to Pete's numbers the increase is 7.5% not 6% I expect rated range at 100% SOC to be > 290 miles in a new 90D.

I am aware of that but I wanted to point the OP to that thread in case it wasn't seen as it will give a relative idea of the range increase.

This is a shot of my 90D I took yesterday morning after a 100% charge and sitting for several hours during the night. Looks like I lost 1 rated mile from overnight drain, so I assume 283 rated miles is the actual 100% number.

20150830_071540.jpg

This is a shot of my 90D I took yesterday morning after a 100% charge and sitting for several hours during the night. Looks like I lost 1 rated mile from overnight drain, so I assume 283 rated miles is the actual 100% number.

View attachment 92535

Do you have 21" rims?

edit: I see you don't from the pic... Looks like there's some variability as if indeed you only lost one mile over night that would be less than a 6% gain. The proof will be how much e- is used when someone does a 100% to 0% run with normal driving, it's possible that Tesla is sandbagging the 90Ds range...

Last edited:
interesting on a 100% charge on my 85D I get 276 RM, that 283 is not a huge gain. I would expect more.

I suspect Tesla is sandbagging the 90D's range, we need someone to log kwh used when doing a 100% to 0% run with normal driving to check. 275rm seems typical for a new 85D, 283 would be a 2.9% increase, much less than anticipated and inconsistent with the P90D range increase.

Just finished another 100% charge, here are more pictures if you guys are interested. I've got the charge slider as far as it will allow me, but the car never charged to that last little sliver of grey for whatever reason so I guess 282 rated miles is my max range. Kind of disappointing.

20150901_094240.jpg

20150901_094254.jpg

Range in km:
20150901_094355.jpg

Ideal range in miles:
20150901_094415.jpg

Ideal range in km:
20150901_094432.jpg

@Jool, it sure looks from your picture that it isn't actually set to 100%. I've had issues with setting the slider myself. Do you have visible Tesla? If so, use that to set it to 100% and try again.

I definitely moved the slider as far as it would let me and took pictures a few minutes after the car said charging was complete. I'll look into Visible Tesla and try using that sometime. Thanks!