Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Bumper Scrape - How to Fix?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got a bit of a scrape while in a parking lot today. Luckily, it did not scrape the paint or light - just the rear bumper (plastic?)

What would be the best way to fix that? I'm thinking I can just clean it up but wasn't sure what cleaner to buy.

Thanks!

IMG_3963.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

(now onto finding a thread on why the picture is upside-down)

Rubbing compound should take off that paint you stole from whatever you hit. I'd give that a try first.
Lots of different brands. Turtle Wax, 3M, Meguiers, etc. Any should work. You don't need to spend more than $10.

DONT use a compound, you can make the matte finish shiny or introduce scratches.
Try using a microfiber and mild cleaner like Simple Green first, then try a polish.

So I got a bit of a scrape while in a parking lot today. Luckily, it did not scrape the paint or light - just the rear bumper (plastic?)

What would be the best way to fix that? I'm thinking I can just clean it up but wasn't sure what cleaner to buy.

Thanks!

View attachment 92459

- - - Updated - - -

(now onto finding a thread on why the picture is upside-down)

You definitely don't want to use a compound or polish (or wax or sealant) on trim. It can make it look worse. That's why these areas are taped off when paint correction is done. Try Goof Off, Stoners Tarminator or Carpro Tar-X. You can try soap and an APC, but you'll probably need something more potent. After you're done, hit the trim with Carpo DLUX.

You definitely don't want to use a compound or polish (or wax or sealant) on trim. It can make it look worse. That's why these areas are taped off when paint correction is done. Try Goof Off, Stoners Tarminator or Carpro Tar-X. You can try soap and an APC, but you'll probably need something more potent. After you're done, hit the trim with Carpo DLUX.

Excellent advice...you can even try just rubbing alcohol on mf towel. If you're lucky, it's just paint transfer and it'll wipe right off. As mentioned, protect it with a plastic conditioner like CarPro Perl or a nano coating such as CarPro DLUX.