Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upstaged ... by my WIFE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

perkiset

... this one goes to 11
Jan 7, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
So, after having coveted a Model S for a couple years, finally hit the numbers I wanted in our company and took the leap a while back. I LOVE it - a black 85D ... tuxedo appointed, incredible.

It's about time for my wife, who's always been more of a Jag girl to get a new ride. She's interested, as usual in another Jag, but has stretched out to the possibility of an Audi or even a Panamera. She knows she can have whatever she wants.

But last night, after a couple cocktails and on the way home she says, "You know, Tesla has that new one, right? The P90D, right? Maybe I'll do a red one of those."

AAUUUGHGGHGHGHGGH! Here I was the big guy and she's going to have bigger better faster? Incredible!

Honestly, pretty awesome if that's what she chooses but FFS I wanted to be the fastest one in the family for a while :/

Candidly, if I were her, (as much as I'd not consider another brand), I'd wait to see the X.

Mind you, she'd likely be waiting for a year or more for hers. Me? I'm on the fence of getting a new X or just riding my S into the ground.

Attachments

• roflmao.gif
    roflmao.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,360
So, after having coveted a Model S for a couple years, finally hit the numbers I wanted in our company and took the leap a while back. I LOVE it - a black 85D ... tuxedo appointed, incredible.

It's about time for my wife, who's always been more of a Jag girl to get a new ride. She's interested, as usual in another Jag, but has stretched out to the possibility of an Audi or even a Panamera. She knows she can have whatever she wants.

But last night, after a couple cocktails and on the way home she says, "You know, Tesla has that new one, right? The P90D, right? Maybe I'll do a red one of those."

AAUUUGHGGHGHGHGGH! Here I was the big guy and she's going to have bigger better faster? Incredible!

Honestly, pretty awesome if that's what she chooses but FFS I wanted to be the fastest one in the family for a while :/
No, she should go for the Jaguar F-Type project 7. Oh bummer they are sold out.

If I were her and could have anything I wanted, I would've gone for the Mclarean P1. It's a faster car and is a hybrid which can be better for those who are still attached to the oil. Sounds like your wife is still a bit because she was considering an audi or panamera. Obviously the Porsche 918 would have been a better option, but I hear they are sold out.

EDIT: I guess they are both sold out. If that is the case, I would get a use 918 spyder over a used Mclarean P1.

Last edited:
I keep telling my wife that the Model X we get (likely going to be her driving most of the time) only needs to be a 90D and not performance. She protests, saying that I just don't want her to have the quickest car.