Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

center consoles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
best place to research a center console for the model s

The two most popular ones are the one made by Tesla and the one made and sold by EVAnnex.

Tesla:
Tesla Accessories and Charging Adapters Premium Front Console

EVAnnex:
EVannex - Tesla Model S Center Console Insert (CCI)

There are pluses and minuses to both of them.

The Tesla console comes with the flip up cover only available in piano black. Originally that piece was to be available in trims matching the trims available in the car, but that didn't work out. So if your interior is going to be anything other than piano black, if the mismatch is going to bother you, that may be something to consider. On the other hand, a lot of people think the Tesla console just looks a lot nicer.

The EVAnnex console is available in finishes that match your trim, and you can also match your seats. It is also removable. Personally, I didn't like how prominent the cupholder is on the EVAnnex console.

There are definitely other consoles out there as well, but those are the two most popular ones.

I had the Tesla console installed, love it. Since my car is black, have the light-gray NexGen interior it looks superb. Cupholders are a little weird, but it does the job nicely and, IMO, finishes the cabin off well.

OP - Looks like you are new to the boards. Me too (and I'm new to Tesla). I was fairly sure that I'd want a console but I waited until after getting the car to decide. Turns out I don't need one at all. There is good storage under the screen for wallet, phone, glasses. And the arm rest hides the cup holders so this is a great place for the key.

If you don't have the car yet - my advice is to live with it and see if you need the console -esp. at $600.

I took delivery in August and got the Center Console from Tesla - Love it! I am a tall guy (6'3") and the armrests are important for me to rest my elbow as I drive so the stock cupholders were a no-go (I keep a tin of mints in it for emergencies).

The cupholders are large and are adjustable - though they are pretty large as-is. Best is you can remove them for large item storage as needed.

The Black Onyx finish is irrelevant as it is flipped up 99% of the time exposing my iphone charging dock that comes with it - no cable needed. I have the carbon fiber interior and even when the top is "closed" it looks totally fine. I keep spare keys for my office, golf locker, etc. in that dock area and nothing moves.

It is a personal preference thing - if my wife was the primary driver I doubt she would have gotten it as she would've used the area for her purse. With my seat back the armrests are more important to me.

The other benefit is when we are road tripping with the kids we use the "armrest cupholders" for the back seat passengers since they do not have any.

I like the Tesla version, matches perfectly, is adjustable and I really like the phone dock.

OP - Looks like you are new to the boards. Me too (and I'm new to Tesla). I was fairly sure that I'd want a console but I waited until after getting the car to decide. Turns out I don't need one at all. There is good storage under the screen for wallet, phone, glasses. And the arm rest hides the cup holders so this is a great place for the key.

If you don't have the car yet - my advice is to live with it and see if you need the console -esp. at $600.

Agreed. I was looking into a center console before I got the car, but I found out it's perfect for my wife to put her over-sized and over-priced bag.

I thought about not getting the console but after I did I found I love it. The armrest is important to me as well and I found that small stuff I kept in the cubby flew out when I launched the car. Those things stay put in the console compartment an it is nice to have the phone charger so accessible.

One of the issues I found annoying after getting the Tesla was lack of storage. I had umbrella in the door pocket of my BMW, various bits and pieces + places to hide things. I got the Tesla console and it gave me exactly what I needed. I have to say I don't use the iphone mount on the console because I have to take the phone out of the case. I now store umbrella, emergency hammer, sunglasses, fastpass all in the console. Having everything sloshing around in the open space used to drive me nuts. It matches the car as if it was factory made. My friend has the evenex version. He's happy with that also.

The Black Onyx finish is irrelevant as it is flipped up 99% of the time exposing my iphone charging dock that comes with it - no cable needed.

Which iPhones fit ok? The link to the tesla one shows and describes an iPhone 5, the option is for a 5/6 and I have a 6+. Does it have any support or just drops onto the connector?

Which iPhones fit ok? The link to the tesla one shows and describes an iPhone 5, the option is for a 5/6 and I have a 6+. Does it have any support or just drops onto the connector?

The Tesla one is just a raised connector, I works fine on my 5S and my wifes 6. I guess the 6+ is exactly the same connector, as I said before I don't use it because it will not fit with a case on the phone.