Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a 2015 Tesla Anomaly...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I put some money down on a inventory Tesla

Its a 2015 Model S 85 Silver with Silver 21 inch rims

Grey Next Gen Seats and thats it for options, plus 5000 miles on it

It does not have Tech package,parking sensors or folding mirrors

But it does have Navigation....

Its not registered so it goes for new

I can get Auto pilot for 2500 extra

is this a weird combo or what

oh yeah they discounted it 13k

purchase price of 79k plus tax

what do you think...is it a go....

give me all your opinions good and bad

2015 car should have parking sensors and autopilot hardware. Don't think they are listed as separate options anymore, because they are standard. Tech package was eliminated as well, with many of its features becoming standard.

So, I don't think folding mirrors, parking sensors and tech package will show up as options cause they are standard. Seems like a normal 2015 car. Or have you verified in person that these features aren't there?

trils0n is correct about the packaging, so it should have folding mirrors and driver profiles, etc.
I tried to configure the car as you described, and it came to $88k. Less than $13k difference. It must have some other option(s) like dual motors or sunroof. Still, it's a good price if the options and colors you listed are what you want.

Sounds like a fantastic find if it is in fact a 2015. Sounds like verification of details is in order. Can you get them to send you the window sticker? That would help clarify exactly what you have there.
And I am envious! I wanted a silver car, could not find one equipped as I wanted it, and none with autopilot features. So if you wanted one, you are very fortunate! (I ended up giving up on finding an inventory car in silver and ordered new, in red...)

I do have the Vin Number

They said in the paper work that it did not have Power folding mirrors or parking sensors

But could add Autopilot, and it did have navigation

lists alcantara headliner as an option

But it is Silver...the option line on that says 1000

And it is a 2015, the Advisor says its the wildest Tesla configuration they have come across

I do want the 85 for a cross country trip next year and want the extra miles

So im just waiting on pictures and then an inspection

Will post that when i get it

But how does it not have parking sensors, but it has autopilot...weird

I do have the Vin Number

They said in the paper work that it did not have Power folding mirrors or parking sensors

But could add Autopilot, and it did have navigation

lists alcantara headliner as an option

But it is Silver...the option line on that says 1000

And it is a 2015, the Advisor says its the wildest Tesla configuration they have come across

I do want the 85 for a cross country trip next year and want the extra miles

So im just waiting on pictures and then an inspection

Will post that when i get it

But how does it not have parking sensors, but it has autopilot...weird

I believe you get the parking sensor capability with the Autopilot Ultrasonic sensors already in the car so when you activate autopilot I'd like to think it will also activate the sensors for parking but you should check with them on that.

Personally though I would not get a Model S without the Tech Package before most of the Tech Package became standard equipment. Realize if you buy a later build date inventory Model S, you will essentially get most of the Tech Package for "free."

most of the Tech Package became standard equipment. Realize if you buy a later build date inventory Model S, you will essentially get most of the Tech Package for "free."

Not really. The tech package was split into autopilot $2500 and intertior premium package (lighted door handles, power lift gate, fog and cornering lights, interior accent lighting, etc.) for $3k.

Only a few items became free, like auto dimming folding side mirrors and nav, I believe.

Not really. The tech package was split into autopilot $2500 and intertior premium package (lighted door handles, power lift gate, fog and cornering lights, interior accent lighting, etc.) for $3k.

Only a few items became free, like auto dimming folding side mirrors and nav, I believe.

Other than the power litigate and the lighted door handles you get just about everything else that was part of the Tech Package as standard in newer built cars. The interior ambient lighting was not part of the recently discontinued Tech Package. So for the $2,500 autopilot package you get mist of the previously offered Tech Package that was a lot more expensive. I was just making the point that after some of the Tech Package became standard it essentially reduced pricing somewhat.

Please ask about that referral credit too on the inventory vehicles for those of use a few months behind you. There is also some threads discussing using a referral credit from Ohio and Virginia owners where you would get $2000 credit since those states don't allow "sales commissions" to the referring owner. Might as well get all you can to offset the cost for the autopilot upgrade.