Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X body production shot from Line 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took me a few looks before I saw the outline mid right of the side frame that appears to be sloped like the Model X profile and no apparent crossbeam.. So seems plausible I guess.
So I stared at this for a bit and went... uhhhh... I don't know. I guess my question was about the term "clearly" - yes, Elon said this was line 2. But I didn't see that he or anyone else confirmed that it was producing Model X - and the picture didn't give me the "clearly" vibe :)

Took me a few looks before I saw the outline mid top centre to mid right. You can pick out the side frame that appears to be sloped like the Model X profile and no apparent crossbeam.. So seems plausible I guess.

The lack of the crossbeam is what makes this photo plausible to me as Model X, although I'm not 100% convinced given that the robots are obstructing most of the frame.

Good to see Line 2 up and run though, whatever it is building.

The only thing "clear" in that photo is there are a heap'o busy robots.

According to Elons tweet:

• elonmuskBringing up Tesla Production Line 2. 542 robots in total with 15 operating simultaneously at the central assembly point. And people wonder why I'm worried about the robocalypse …

All it takes is for one robot to have a little glitch and you end up with a can of worms... all the robot arms twisted together embracing the twisted aluminum body of what was formerly a car.

The lack of the crossbeam is what makes this photo plausible to me as Model X

Thinking the same thing... and I was busy photoshopping while you typed that. I do not think there is any place where a cross-brace would go... it all looks like a long smooth "A Pillar."

model_x_a_pillar.PNG

If you look at the Model S Body In White there is an obvious cross-brace.

Tesla_body_shell.jpg

imo it's not just the lack of a crossbeam but also the shape of the curve and proportional depth of the frame, this combined with the psychological plausibility of Elon teasing a highly obscured picture of an X leaves me with no doubt that that is an X body.

Thinking the same thing... and I was busy photoshopping while you typed that. I do not think there is any place where a cross-brace would go... it all looks like a long smooth "A Pillar."

If you look at the Model S Body In White there is an obvious cross-brace.

View attachment 92393
Also from the Model S body in white you have attached there, you can see the MS does not match the area over the rear wheel in Elon's tweet. The reinforcement is pretty much centered over the wheel well. This would seem to fit the falcon door.

The density of robots operating in that frame is really mind blowing.