Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Self Centering Tesla T

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Chasedrgc1223

Nearly Insane
Apr 8, 2015
NJ
So a buddy of mine was in my car and said to me he was suprised tesla hasn't made a futuristic steering wheel. That got us thinking and how about a Tesla logo built into the steering wheel which always centers itself on its own axis, so whatever way you turn the wheel the Tesla logo is always upright.

So a buddy of mine was in my car and said to me he was suprised tesla hasn't made a futuristic steering wheel. That got us thinking and how about a Tesla logo built into the steering wheel which always centers itself on its own axis, so whatever way you turn the wheel the Tesla logo is always upright.

And why not on the wheels? I see trucks with mile counters on one wheel, that have a weighted disk that always rotates up. Put the T on something like that, right?

The center itself logo on the steering wheel doesn't make the steering wheel futuristic. It has no meaningful benefit to the control the car.
I think make the Tesla logo display in a round shape LCD, so it can always center itself, and maybe display other information when needed.

weighted wheel spinner for the steering wheel! nice. they need spinners on the wheels first though....:eek:

I couldn't remember what those were on the trucks, but that's exactly what I was thinking about. Having them on the wheels would also be cool!!

Might want to reconsider having a weighted object on the steering wheel in the event of a front-end collision and airbag deployment.
Now having it in the center of the rims certainly sounds appealing, especially when trying to get all the caps perfectly straight in order to receive the priority software upgrades. :tongue:

Let's just take this to the limit. Quoting Dave Barry on Florida drivers:
I was surprised by a driver on the interstate the other night. I heard him before I saw him, because his car had one of those extremely powerful sound systems, in which the bass notes sound like nuclear devices being detonated in rhythm. So I looked in the mirror and saw a large convertible with the top down overtaking me at maybe 600 miles per hour. I would have tried to get out of his path, but there was no way to know what his path was, since he was weaving back and forth across five lanes (out of a possible three).

Fortunately, he missed me, and as he went past, I got a clear view of why he was driving so erratically: He was watching a music video. He was watching it on a video screen that had been installed where the sun visor usually goes, RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS FACE, blocking his view of the road.

I don't want sound like an old fud, but this seems to me to be just a tad hazardous. I distinctly recall learning in driver's education class that, to operate a car, you need to be able to see where the car is going, in case the need arises (you never know!) to steer.

Image from http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/fHfISi3nRl2GAivPumpw_spinners-1424811912.gif.
imagepng

Loves me some spinners, oh yeah!

So mechanical weighted T's on the wheels and an LCD multifunction display on the steering wheel with the primary function of displaying the Tesla logo. I'd love for it to display incoming calls and maybe even autopilot information.

New option. Centering Tesla T on steering wheel. $7500. Includes power lift gate.

You mean, requires the Premium Interior and Lighting Package :rolleyes:

In all honesty Isn't the area where the logo is where the air bag essentially comes out if? I'd like that area as clear of contraptions as possible so that I don't end up having the non rotating tesla logo firmed lodged on my forehead after an airbag deployment :scared: