Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wing Ding 37 in Huntsville, Alabama

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heading down to the annual Gold Wing motorcycle rally this year in Huntsville, Alabama, from Toronto.
Unfortunately, Hurricane Ericka is sending rain there and I will not be riding my Wing in hurricane like rain.
I, unfortunately, (LOL!) will have to drive there with my Tesla. Sigh!

There doesn't appear to be much in the way of charging there unfortunately. The event is at the von Braun Centre and the nearest plugshare sites are 120V plugs. Ugh!
I can give it a full charge at the SC in Chattanooga and probably have enough juice to get back but I'm sure I will be driving around the town when there.
Any suggestions?
The event is from September 3rd to the 6th.

There is a CHAdeMO near the courthouse, right in the middle of the Wing Ding festivities. The CHAdeMO is free but they charge about $1/hr for the parking space whether charging or not.
Believe the Nissan dealer in Decatur has CHAdeMO and is Tesla-friendly.
I'm not listed on Plugshare but could accommodate you with my 40A UMC.
Bridge Street shopping center has two free J1772's. Always in use in the evening, you might get one during a weekday.

Think its a bit much to count on a round trip from Chattanooga, although I have done it. When the Chattanooga SC went online on a Tuesday I drove out on the following Sunday. Drove 60-65 getting there just in case it wasn't working and I'd have to limp home.

There is a CHAdeMO near the courthouse, right in the middle of the Wing Ding festivities. The CHAdeMO is free but they charge about $1/hr for the parking space whether charging or not.
Believe the Nissan dealer in Decatur has CHAdeMO and is Tesla-friendly.
I'm not listed on Plugshare but could accommodate you with my 40A UMC.
Bridge Street shopping center has two free J1772's. Always in use in the evening, you might get one during a weekday.

Think its a bit much to count on a round trip from Chattanooga, although I have done it. When the Chattanooga SC went online on a Tuesday I drove out on the following Sunday. Drove 60-65 getting there just in case it wasn't working and I'd have to limp home.

Thanks for that.