Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TeslaRoadTrip - Tesla Tuesday @ SOCCi - Tuesday September 8th!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello @TeslaRoadTrip friends!

We hope you have enjoyed some long road trips on the Supercharger network this summer.

The team that organized @TeslaRoadTrip 2015 - "Reach the Beach" and last year’s "All Superchargers Lead to DC” are planning a get-together of Tesla owners & drivers on Tuesday, September 8th from 6-10pm, at the SOCCi Restaurant inside the Renaissance Arlington Capital View hotel in Crystal City, VA. For those who attended the “All Superchargers Lead to DC” event in 2014, this is the restaurant where we held the opening night reception.

We’re getting together so that we can all trade stories of our summer Tesla adventures, maybe plan some new road trips and get additional feedback from you about @TeslaRoadTrip 2016! We will also be celebrating the installation of Tesla destination charging at the hotel’s parking garage and help them kick off “Tesla Tuesdays” which are nights with dinner and beverage specials that they will be offering to Tesla owners (just show your Tesla key fob). The hotel plans on showcasing several of our cars out in front to promote the evening.

For this event, the hotel will be offering free self parking and a 20% discount on food. The Renaissance will also be offering a special rate of $109 with free self parking and wifi for those of you that would like to stay overnight.

We’d love for you to join us! This event is open to all Tesla owners & drivers, not just @TeslaRoadTrip attendees.
Please RSVP for this event by sending an email with your name and the number of guests that will be coming with you to: [email protected]

Event Information:

When: --> Tuesday, September 8th from 6-10pm
Where: -> SOCCi Restaurant, Renaissance Arlington Capital View - 2800 South Potomac Ave · Arlington, Virginia 22202

SOCCi Restaurant Information

Hotel Booking Information:

Book Your Rate for Tesla Tuesday

Last edited:
image.jpg

We did over 2,600 miles on our last road trip. Looking forward to seeing Aaron, Andrew, Jeff, Bill, and everybody else next Tuesday!

Vera

Eujin, super giga awesome!

AEdennis, It's not too late to hop on a plane to join us on Tuesday. DCA is right next door to SOCCi and I know you have road trip stories to tell. :)

andrewket and all other DC area folks who are coming on Tuesday, if you arrive early, the hotel is reserving space in front to showcase about five to seven Teslas, so look for the valet staff to direct you into an open slot when you arrive.

If you are a Tesla owner and haven't RSVP'ed yet, send a note with how many guests you are bringing to: [email protected]

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Tesla Tuesday!

Lanny

Eujin, super giga awesome!

AEdennis, It's not too late to hop on a plane to join us on Tuesday. DCA is right next door to SOCCi and I know you have road trip stories to tell. :)

andrewket and all other DC area folks who are coming on Tuesday, if you arrive early, the hotel is reserving space in front to showcase about five to seven Teslas, so look for the valet staff to direct you into an open slot when you arrive.

If you are a Tesla owner and haven't RSVP'ed yet, send a note with how many guests you are bringing to: [email protected]

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Tesla Tuesday!

Lanny

@Lanny, thanks for making a West Coast guy feel welcome. I do have stories to tell, however, I'll continue to participate with you folks virtually... (though I can be reached via Google Hangouts/FaceTime/Skype, just not as much fun that way!)

With you guys in spirit.

Is that Simeon in the background?

Hmm, maybe I can escape from my conference and join you all after dinner...

Yes, that's Simeon in the background and the blue car was brought in by Tesla to make video and stills to promote the Marriott participation in the Tesla destination charging program. With the arrival of our group of Teslas tomorrow evening, we hope to send a message, "if you build it we will come" in regards to hotel destination charging.

I hope you can come by! Some of us will probably be there late.

sbgL.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pics, Lanny. Good catching up with everyone and looking forward to next year's road trip.

By the way, I'll throw another destination suggestion ... Cape Code / Martha's Vineyard? Looks like there is a SC and several destination chargers there.