Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost of Replacing Interior Accent Trim (Obeche/Carbon Fiber/Black)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what would be the cost of replacing the interior accent trim in a Model S?

For example if the vehicle has black or carbon fiber, how much would it cost to replace those trim pieces with Obeche Wood?

I guess it is about 4 pieces of wood trim and I suppose Tesla has part numbers for those wood trim pieces... Wondering what the cost would be and how much labor would be involved in swapping out the trim pieces (an hour?).

If you're good with veneer or know someone who is, that is a much cheaper option. Dborn from australia did his in amazing veneer. It's astounding. Or u could vinyl wrap it. They're not that hard to remove if u decided to cover them with something different.

Labor time to replace is about an hour if you know what you are doing. I was lucky enough to obtain the plastic substrates direct from Tesla, so after that it was research on adhesives and lamination, and wood finishes. Your best and cheapest bet would be to remove the trim and have it wrapped. That would be a day's work. While the car would technically be drivable, it would be uncomfortable. You could certainly save money by removing and reinstalling the trim yourself. Tesla won't do it for you. I can provide direction if you would like.

Reactions: gabeincal
I was wondering what the cost of the Obeche wood trim from the factory might be for a full set. I'm completely against any kind of a "wrap" as I'd like there to be actual authentic wood underneath :)

I've seen what you have done Dborn and it is really impressive! It was great that they gave you the plastic substrates but I'm not sure if they will do that for anyone else...

Wonder how much a SC might charge for an interior trim replacement? More than the cost of tightening lug nuts, I'm sure :)

I was wondering what the cost of the Obeche wood trim from the factory might be for a full set. I'm completely against any kind of a "wrap" as I'd like there to be actual authentic wood underneath :)

I've seen what you have done Dborn and it is really impressive! It was great that they gave you the plastic substrates but I'm not sure if they will do that for anyone else...

Wonder how much a SC might charge for an interior trim replacement? More than the cost of tightening lug nuts, I'm sure :)
You could talk to your service center about replacing yours with the trim from a CPO in their possession.

There's no way this would be less than a few grand. They charge $500 in labor to take apart the dash for the 4G upgrade.

The $500 includes the parts.

LTE_upgrade.png

The dash trim pieces are sold as a complete set, obeche gloss or matt price about 650.00 as i remember, the trim for center console sold separately about 300.00. Where in NY are you located? Not hard to do and if you are not far perhaps I could help with install....