Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Average Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What can be learned about the driving habits of P85 averaging 406 Wh/mi over 521 miles?

Snap1.jpg

I'm currently not an owner, but this vehicle showed up on the lot of a "local" Kia dealer.

406 Wh/mi seems high to me, so I'm trying to get a feel for how it was driven, at least over the most recent 10% of it's life.
I assume this included salesman lunch runs, show-offs, overnight trips...

What can be learned about the driving habits of P85 averaging 406 Wh/mi over 521 miles?

I'm currently not an owner, but this vehicle showed up on the lot of a "local" Kia dealer.

406 Wh/mi seems high to me, so I'm trying to get a feel for how it was driven, at least over the most recent 10% of it's life.
I assume this included salesman lunch runs, show-offs, overnight trips...

Probably a number of launches and driving fast.

P90D that is less than a week old. I am not a slow driver and I launch a lot.

IMG_0176.jpg

I wouldn't pay any attention to that. If the car has lots of parasitic drain that will impact things, lots of short trips with the drivers playing with acceleration, sitting in it going nowhere while the AC is running, etc. all cause that average to go up.

If you're considering buying you should reset the trip meter then take it on a nice steady speed drive for 20 miles or so and see what the average is. I'm confident it will be in the sub-350Wh/mi range.

Hi
This value seems very high. My 85 now has 26000 miles, average is 284 wh/m since delivery in march 2014. My commute is 50 miles per day, 80% highway- 70mph in the hov lane. We have taken trips to LA and Palm Springs from Phoenix, Flagstaff (6000 foot climb), Tucson, and other places in AZ, going to Albuquerque next week. We have seen well over 450Wh/m going to Flagstaff, Sedona, Prescott etc, but it returns to "normal" when we get back to PHX.

That's a very high number for a 500 mile average. Over a shorter distance and with bad weather conditions and going fast, yes maybe. But for more than 500 miles. That seems very high. The only time I got as high of an average was going over 90 with head wind, car fully loaded with people and luggage and cold weather. My normal daily average is 300.
Again, going uphill or shorts trips after the car was in the cold for many hours it;s normal to have such a high average, but for 500 miles, that's unusual.