Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Look who I found at Mt.Shasta Supercharger!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So was headed up to Seattle from the Bay area and stopped at the Mt. Shasta supercharger. After about 10 mins of charging a Signature Red Model S rolls up, but it had parking sensors, a MFG license plate and a CF spoiler and I was like, "Hmm....that seems odd." Well it wasn't that odd after I saw who got out of it, JEROME GUILLEN!! I went over and introduced myself and we talked about his car and how he designed the Model S and the history behind his car. Turned out that he was on a mini vaca and loves to hike Mt. Shasta. He said he was the one who actually got Tesla to install a Supercharger there. I asked him what it was like working with Elon and he said, "That is why I'm on vacation..." LOL! Awesome guy! Had a great visit and made my morning! Thanks Jerome for all you do for the Tesla community!!

IMG_2748.JPG

I went over and introduced myself and we talked about his car and how he designed the Model S and the history behind his car. Turned out that he was on a mini vaca and loves to hike Mt. Shasta. He said he was the one who actually got Tesla to install a Supercharger there. I asked him what it was like working with Elon and he said, "That is why I'm on vacation..." LOL! Awesome guy! Had a great visit and made my morning! Thanks Jerome for all you do for the Tesla community!!

View attachment 92103

Details about his car please? What makes it so special other than the parking sensors and it being a Signature? Did you happen to catch the vin? I don't think he designed the car, that was more Peter Rawlinson on the engineering side and that crew but he executed the plan after they departed.

So was headed up to Seattle from the Bay area and stopped at the Mt. Shasta supercharger. After about 10 mins of charging a Signature Red Model S rolls up, but it had parking sensors, a MFG license plate and a CF spoiler and I was like, "Hmm....that seems odd." Well it wasn't that odd after I saw who got out of it, JEROME GUILLEN!! I went over and introduced myself and we talked about his car and how he designed the Model S and the history behind his car. Turned out that he was on a mini vaca and loves to hike Mt. Shasta. He said he was the one who actually got Tesla to install a Supercharger there. I asked him what it was like working with Elon and he said, "That is why I'm on vacation..." LOL! Awesome guy! Had a great visit and made my morning! Thanks Jerome for all you do for the Tesla community!!

View attachment 92103

Awesome-sauce!

Didn't catch the VIN, we had talked a lot already about his hiking adventures and he needed to get started on some data study he was doing. One thing he mentioned was that he added some additional parking sensors manually, and I could tell because one of them was pushed back into the car. He also showed me on the back of his car where the silver TESLA word is etched, his was more embossed and black instead of silver. He mentioned that he thought that it should be more prominent on all the Model S's, but Elon said no. And that's when Jerome came up with the TESLA license plate frame instead, although Jerome thinks it looks too cheap. He also had a MFG license plate too.

We talked a lot more about hiking than we did his car; I'm sure because he must get asked all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

wow, i had to google him! how do you even recognize him in the first place

I googled him a long time ago when I was reading some Tesla delivery/service horror stories on the forums and that their situations had gotten escalated up to Jerome and that he took care of them.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to add that he had about 46K miles on his Model S.