Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV your 'primary' car?... could it be your only car? Is it? Choose all that apply.

100% EV household? Multiple options; choose all that apply

• Only own an EV or (EVs); PHEVs count as ICE

Votes: 96 59.6%
  • Rented an ICE for trips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rented a truck for projects

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Own a 2nd vehicle for (rarely used)

Votes: 53 32.9%
  • Own a 2nd vehicle (used for trips)

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Own a 2nd vehicle (used for projects)

Votes: 17 10.6%
  • I can get to the airport for trips :)

Votes: 25 15.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
None of the above. I drive a Model S and my wife drives an older ICE. She is not a "car person" and does not want to spend money on a new car for herself. We use the Model S for road trips (i.e. to see our daughter in Chicago). She will take her ICE to Chicago if she's going alone. She drives her ICE to work (short trip) and I drive my Model S to my work (long trip).

Not sure what boxes to tick to this use scenario.

None of the above. I drive a Model S and my wife drives an older ICE. She is not a "car person" and does not want to spend money on a new car for herself. We use the Model S for road trips (i.e. to see our daughter in Chicago). She will take her ICE to Chicago if she's going alone. She drives her ICE to work (short trip) and I drive my Model S to my work (long trip).

Not sure what boxes to tick to this use scenario.

This. I have the S and she has F150.

I own a LEAF which is my primary car. My wife drives a company truck. We still own our Accord for trips. When Model X arrives we will sell the Accord and only own EVs. At some point she won't have the company truck anymore and one of us will drive Model X and the other the LEAF to work. Model X will be used for trips.

Two EV family, loving the silent motoring.

attachment.php?attachmentid=87426&d=1436921497.jpg

Two LEAF household. For trips that's not ideal for it, we "trade" with family members' ICE. Decided to go this route to get other family members get behind the wheel of an EV and open their eyes. :wink:

Own a Sprinter Van for the fun stuff hauling 5+ bikes, paddle boards, rocket box, fishing gear, kayak, towing trailer, 3 kids and newfoundland. So, that's probably not too common.Wife drives the S since she racks up the miles shuttling kids. Trips along the superchargers we take the S, into the backcountry with the gear we take the van. Will be a long time before we get an EV to handle that job, but the van doesn't get that many miles a year. I drive it to work 7 min away or bicycle.

My S85 is my only car and I do a lot of long distance road trips. 3 years ago, that was difficult. At this point with so many Superchargers I can go anyplace I need or want. What irks me is the end of the Consumers reports 25 minute video car talk #76, they say only people with two cars can own even the P85D!

talking cars consumers reports 76 - Google Search
Personally, taking anything other than a Model S on a road trip is pure misery.

Not a 100% EV household, but my Model S is the only car I own and drive. Others in the household own/drive a 2013 C-Max Energi, 2002 Explorer, and 1997 Odyssey.

>95% of my driving is just the 46 mile/day commute. Furthest I've driven in a day was about 90 miles, to work, then airport, then home.

As for trips, the first and so far only trip I have planned is to Yellowstone next year. And yes, I intend to drive my 60 all 1700 miles each way.