Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motors Web site down for maintenance... [BIG GRIN]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I immediately checked if they fixed the "Max Range" button that I reported to Tesla but no luck. I guess my message never reached the web design team. To see the problem,

1. Open Design Studio
  2. Click on "Max Range" button. Price shows $88,000
  3. Click on 70D and then back to "Max Range". Price still shows $88,000. So far so good.
  4. Now click on "Max Performance" and then back to "Max Range". Now price shows $95,500.
  5. Click 70D and then back to "Max Range". Price still shows $95,500.

Some of the options that were selected when clicking "Max Performance", don't get deselected after you click something else. It is a small error but it doesn't give a good impression to visitors.

I immediately checked if they fixed the "Max Range" button that I reported to Tesla but no luck. I guess my message never reached the web design team. To see the problem,

1. Open Design Studio
  2. Click on "Max Range" button. Price shows $88,000
  3. Click on 70D and then back to "Max Range". Price still shows $88,000. So far so good.
  4. Now click on "Max Performance" and then back to "Max Range". Now price shows $95,500.
  5. Click 70D and then back to "Max Range". Price still shows $95,500.

Some of the options that were selected when clicking "Max Performance", don't get deselected after you click something else. It is a small error but it doesn't give a good impression to visitors.

What you are asking for is a "Base Model" button and the Max Range button is not that. Max Performance does select things that have marginal impact on performance (21" wheels, autopilot convenience, and air suspension) but once selected it is as if you had manually selected them and then changing the battery size does not change your Options selections. Max Range does change the tire size back to 19" but does not deselect the fancy cyclone wheel option which is a relatively hidden choice and is not so obvious.

Last edited:
Maybe Elon will hold another teleconference like he did for Ludicrous mode and the referral program. Those came with little to no warning. They could release base pricing, specs, and a few press photos, with the promise of an up-close reveal on the day of first deliveries.

After years of waiting, that would be the final launch? Flicking the switch on the website in the middle of the night? No announcement or hoohah.....Well that would be different I guess.

No, I don't think so. Whatever method tesla chooses for the launch, you'll want the website ready to go the very next second. At the D launch the website wasn't online for 45-60 minutes and a line formed in front of the macs they brought for ordering. Lots of people watching via steaming also tried to order and gave up until the next morning because of the website issues. I assume Tesla doesn't want a repeat.

The solution is to pre-stage everything and then change one config file to enable the new content. Plus I assume Tesla will be sending out invites to config in reservation order just like the S. So right now one test account could have been given access and it's going through final Q&A.

Or we're all making crap up, and it was just normal maintenance, and the folks at Tesla are once again laughing at us for reading way too much into every little thing :)