Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Center Armrest fitting and seatbelt alarm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Can anyone who has the rear center armrest for their car explain how

a) it fits to the car (does it use the kids' seat mount points?)
b) how the center seat occupancy sensor is disabled so that the seatbelt warning doesn't go off every time someone rests their arm on it

Thanks!

Hi all,

Can anyone who has the rear center armrest for their car explain how

a) it fits to the car (does it use the kids' seat mount points?)
b) how the center seat occupancy sensor is disabled so that the seatbelt warning doesn't go off every time someone rests their arm on it

Thanks!

b) I don't think there is a seat occupancy sensor.... I've had people ride in the back, unbuckled, and never noticed any notifications.

b) I don't think there is a seat occupancy sensor.... I've had people ride in the back, unbuckled, and never noticed any notifications.

Interesting. Just in the center seat or in all three rear seats?

What age (and region) is your car?

UK cars absolutely all have occupancy sensors on all 3 rear seats - it is UNBELIEVABLY annoying because as soon as a rear passenger rests their hand on the center part of the rear seat a warning bell and popup message on the MCU appear. It's particularly annoying when you have an adult in the back and you ask them "so what's your address?" when programming the nav. They lean forward to tell you, rest their arm on the center rear seat, and suddenly you can't enter your destination any more because of the intrusive warning message.

Interesting. Just in the center seat or in all three rear seats?

What age (and region) is your car?

UK cars absolutely all have occupancy sensors on all 3 rear seats - it is UNBELIEVABLY annoying because as soon as a rear passenger rests their hand on the center part of the rear seat a warning bell and popup message on the MCU appear. It's particularly annoying when you have an adult in the back and you ask them "so what's your address?" when programming the nav. They lean forward to tell you, rest their arm on the center rear seat, and suddenly you can't enter your destination any more because of the intrusive warning message.

US, June 2015. I had passengers in all 3 seats, and I'm 99% certain that none of them buckled up.

In addition I've had my kids (in booster/carseats) on the sides, and a passanger in the middle (tight squeeze) and I'm 100% she didn't buckle up.

Fascinating. We UK owners have spent the last 6 months moaning about the ridiculous annoying bleeping and beeping that goes on whenever anyone rests anything on a rear seat, and blaming it on "silly American lawsuit-avoiding nonsense" when actually it sounds like it's only our cars.

I bet it's Euro NCAP testing nonsense.

Yes, putting seatbelt extenders into the fittings does defeat this, but it also makes the rear seats look a bit crappy, which is not what I paid £90k for...